Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Members

I'm not talking about that, you said Davetta didn't want to be there. I remember the only person that took up for Davetta treatment was BJ. While KSJ wasn't saying anything until a lot of viewers was getting on CK big mouth. Then he try to contact Davetta again. I'm sure Davetta didn't trust him after that. That's why I will always respect BJ because he became the real mini Dru after Davetta left.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true, DeeeDee. And it is unfortunate how DS was treated by many of her co-workers, too. As I've said, though, I'm not one who was so mightily impressed with her stint. She was (and is) better than CK, but (IMO) that is really, really, REALLY not saying much.

• Members

On the subject of Victoria begging for her job back, I've never seen that as the case. Her first two books were actual successes and she toured those books for a LONG time. You wouldn't tour as long as she did if people weren't interested. She was appearing on The View and Wendy Williams as well to promote. Then she got married and has been travelling endlessly. She didn't start actively pursuing acting jobs until this year and since she started she's had huge success. Movies, guest starring roles on Lets Get Together, plus a recurring role on Single Ladies. She also recently had a second callback for a role in the Hunger Games sequel. She's hardly sitting at home and waiting for Y&R to come calling. I think she would return to Y&R if it worked out, but if it doesn't she doesn't care. She's not a soap star who depends on soaps, she can easily have a primetime/film career. She left that behind FOR Y&R.

Right now she's getting back into the swing of things, but I say give it another year and she's going to land a major role whether it be on primetime or film.

• Members

That's something Alden never gets credit for.

Fans these days constantly complain about how Y&R's cast is "too big" & actors should be fired but Alden utilized EVERYBODY.

As with any other headwriter she had her favorites but the last time the show had any real balance was during her stint.

Archived