Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Members

And what I hate about this is that stans rationalize such things in favor of the show, when what's really going on is shady as hell. "It makes perfect sense that Lily would be a Valley girl. She grew up in private schools in Paris... It makes perfect sense that Lily looks like that, look at VR's real-life daughter! Genetics are unpredictable... If CK was paired with a black guy, you wouldn't say that that's racist to the rest of her ancestry..."

lebron-puppet-facepalm.gif

Honestly, I don't think the show really gives it that much thought, but they can bank on all this type of "rationale" to get away with what they're doing.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that was the motive entirely.CK was just the tool they conveniently used.

I don't think casting Shannon Kane or anyone who might be stronger and better is going to matter. Y&R killed off the strength of its African American presence when they killed off Drucilla. The fact they have fricking Debbie Morgan on canvas and have handed her a useless character to play and idiotic storyline and terrible writing should tell folks they don't care. I'd frankly rather they try and salvage that if it's possible.

• Members

These are the same stans who say Vicki is "crazy" & that while no actor has the power to control who the show hires that she's burned too many bridges with THE CAST (the same people who supposedly have NO power) to return.

Those stans also "coincidentally" never have anything to say about Kristoff, Morrow, Muhney, St. Giggly, Tonya, Veronica, Eric, MTS, Peter, Daniel, Eileen, The Ostrich, Scottie Pippen, CLB, Rikaart, or even Cooper.

• Members

Ugh, this discussion makes my teeth itch. Not the fact that y'all are having it but the fact that it still needs to be had. This is part of the reason I just can't get worked up over the death of the genre. A genre that still necessitates this level of scorekeeping needs to die.

• Members

It is my understanding that he also hated the pairing with Sidney Penny on AMC, so is it white girls or girls in general? Granted, he possibly would have like to have had a black love interest, but there is just no way of knowing.

Did he have any complaints during his stint on NA?

• Members

I thought about Lauren London, because she reminds me of Davetta. & I think she would have chemistry with anybody. Because her sexiness is just bounce off her, just like Davetta. I think she can make Cane interesting & sexy.

CKLily always came off as a unsure little girl but knew p**** is the power & that would get her what she wants.

Archived