Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just love it when they bring up VR's real life daughter's looks to try and justify CK's look. Um last I checked Lily's father is not white. And have they seen VR's son?

This isn't the best pic of the three of them though

s1kdah.jpg

I do not like Lauren London as an actress at all. She's too video vixen

And isn't Shannon Kane's mother white?

• Members

I don't know what one would call someone who tweets about the same damn thing nearly every day for two years. Everyone I know calls me a dog on a postman's leg, but I ain't got NOTHIN on Vicky! LOL My opinion about her is the same as it always has been, majorly overcompensating, but not crazy.

• Members

She certainly did tweet about it a LOT for a very long time. To the point where I found it a bit annoying. Obviously I felt bad for her, if things were really as bad backstage as they seemed. But at some point you have to move on. She made her point. Everyone knew her side of the story, so there was no need to keep repeating it over and over. Like I said, you have to move on at some point...She's done other acting roles since leaving, and had a very successful book. It always confused me a little why she was so hung up on her Y&R days. I found it bizarre. She would trash-talk them for months on end, and then act like she was dying to come back.

• Members

I was referring BTW... to both the "Backstage drama/ racism in daytime" tweets as WELL as the "I want to come back to Y&R" tweets when I was referring to the two year thing. Perhaps I need to clarify that (I lump them all into the "Btiching about Y&R category"). If daytime is dying, why would someone want to come back. I have always respected her work, I just feel sorry for her because she's appearing so desperate. But back to the topic at hand.. GLAD Kahlil is GONE! Vicky DID say that CK did not come prepared for her scenes, and I TOTALLY believe every word of that. After hearing Kahlil interviewed and her saying how she would look at Goddard's forehead to keep from laughing in love scenes. REALLY? That's supposed to be acting? Vicky may be a harpie and a pain in the ass, but she brings her best stuff to the table, dammit.

• Members

She also tweeted about her books, her travels, her husband, sports, etc & many (not all but many) of the times she discussed Y&R was because that's been one of the constant question fans ask her.

Which she did.

Except that wasn't what she did.

She discussed her experiences in Daytime & then moved on to discuss how Daytime in general hasn't ever really been accommodating of actors & characters of color.

But of course she has to be treated as "crazy" when certain stans desperately want to maintain the status quo.

Which brings us back to Kristoff who has discussed his own issues with Y&R & Neil's lack of story but nobody called HIM "crazy" or said he had no right to ever speak out or was "burning his bridges".

She was far from hung up.

She has done quite a bit since her exit but that doesn't mean she isn't allowed to discuss her Y&R experiences when that's one of the main questions fans ALWAYS ask her

And obviously her thoughts had to be somewhat worthwhile to you if you follow her.

Telling the truth isn't trash talking.

Trash talking is what Eric, Peter & Jeanne do when they don't get their way.

• Members

She appears no more "desperate" than MTS & Goddard who uses their twitter to pressure fans into helping them keep their jobs or Eileen & Kevin Schmidt whining about being fired again or CLB constantly bragging about himself.

Yet nobody asks them about why THEY want to be on Y&R if Daytime is so bad.

• Members

VR is colorful, fun, eccentric... she is no "worse" than Robin Strasser or Ellen Holly. These ladies kick a helluva lot of truth, but because of the way they express themselves, they get dismissed as crazy by some. They may be a little kooky (like every damn actor I have ever known!), but they are far from detached or deluded. Don't sleep on them. They are extremely passionate artisits, and sure, they have misinterpreted certain events out of their incredible sensitivity and care for the work, but they do not deserve to be disrespected.

• Members

I just wish Sony would get over it. I sometimes wonder if Victoria Wyndham and Beverlee McKinsey might have been macing everyone backstage and going around keying cars, but P&G still knew they were huge assets to AW's success and worked hard to accomodate them. Y&R didn't seem to try with Rowell.

Archived