Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Members

Alden was smart in that she understood Bill's writing style.

A style that when even though stories took a long time to climax there was a lot of awesome character work that was done in between the major beats.

Jack Smith (like WorldTurner said) started the real damage by reducing complex stories to plot points & ridiculously catering to his pets at the expense of the show as a whole.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bell wrote Mamie out (in what was I assume damage control because of the relationship with John getting a negative fan reaction). I remember being happy when she came back about, what, 4-5 years later, but then she never seemed to have a role.

• Members

Getting away from the is she/isn't she crazy debate, VR is a woman of a certain age. The days of her easily having a career in primetime/film are over.

I wonder, Dru's been gone for so long, it would be interesting to see how she'd fit back in. Is it possible this is one of those situations that would turn into "be careful what you wish for?"

• Members

I said this before, when Daniel and Lily had their site. DS wrote us or who write for her on the computer. She always ask what we wanted from Lily. Everything we didn't want from Lily, like a man defining her. They wrote for no goal, weak, having a man to define her CKLily.

She the first one who told us after Lily & Daniel got back together. She ask us do we think Daniel should cheat on Lily. We was surprise at her question. I mean they just got back together. Why would he cheat so early, especially after that Alex thing just be reveil.

Then she ask if Daniel and Lily broke up what would ya'll want Lily to do. & we all say think about her jewelry business, then maybe find somenody else. If she would have started up her jewelry business, Niel could have been over that.

My point Davetta care for the Lily character, & she knew Lily would be a role model for young black girls that are watching.

• Members

Really Carl? Phillip faking his own death to run away from his family's judgment was way too "out there" for you, and now you want to bring back a woman we saw fall off a cliff? In the case of Phillip, at least it's plausible that a kid with a bunch of money could pay off a doctor, it would ALSO explain the fact that after his "death" Nina had little to no money in the bank account (He withdrew it all in cash to pay the doctor) how would you explain Dru still being alive? Give her amnesia for 5 years after she washed up down the river? And whoever found her just HAPPENED to never publicize this "jane doe" that was found? Would you have her living in some commune with no memory of her former self? No matter how you slice it, it would be much more ridiculous to bring HER back than the Phillip back from the dead storyline was.

• Members

Because Carl... you can fake a heart monitor, but you can't fake falling off a cliff. If she WAS alive, how would you explain why this INTERNATIONAL MODEL was not recognized by anyone, the Jane doe's face wouldn't have been on the news? I'd like to know what scenario you could come up with that would be as believable as someone paying off a doctor and faking their own death. I mean, let's keep in mind that Katherine, Victor, Chance AND Paul all four faked their own deaths.

• Members

He didn't just fake a heart monitor, he played dead, never showing any sign of life while his family was with him. He then paid off doctors, a coroner, et al. All of this from a very mentally weak person who had never had any inclination to do all these schemes or plans.

They've done this type of thing over and over on soaps. Just say she had amnesia and say she was kept by someone. Maybe a fan who lives on a secluded island.

• Members

Sharon fell off the same cliff and survived, so Drucilla could as well. And it's not difficult to come out with a reason for her not being spotted. Depending on where she is, it might not matter that she was an international top model. Without the weave and the makeup and the expensive clothes, she could just be another black girl trying to make it in a tough world. Years ago I thought they should pair Neil and Victoria together, then have them go see the ballet and BAM--there's Dru. That would be a creative use of her past.

Archived