Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Members

I would not call Sofia mid-20s or vivacious. I couldn't blame them for recasting the role, though I'd sooner get rid of her. Julia Pace Mitchell weirds me out.

If it is Lily, then that is a bold, bold move and makes me wonder whether Jill has her sights set on something (or rather, someone) much bigger. I will never sing her praises as a creative force - she behaves like a misogynistic gorgon when in full control - but she is a very shrewd producer when she wants to be.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, at this point I don't even think Lily needs to be recast. I don't want them to fill this show up with recasts either. We already have a lot of recasts on the show from this year, we don't need a nuNoah, Devon & LIly on top of that. Now if it's Sofia I'm okay with that.

• Members

Lily could be a much stronger character. I really think CK brings her down. She's not right for the role and never has been. We need a feisty yet sympathetic Lily. Not one who is so dour and Valley girl. No offense to CK intended, here. I don't dislike her at all. Davetta was a much stronger Lily and had far more on-screen presence. I really dislike that Sherwood and Adrianne Leone were axed for more boring versions of Lily and Colleen.

Although I think maybe if Lily were written better. MAB was never invested in the character and wanted to kill off yet another legacy child. Shameful.

However, Sofia being recast doesn't upset me either. But there's no way she's in her mid-20s. Seriously?

• Members

Emmy wins dont mean squat, people have been fired shortly after winning one LOL.

That def sounds like a Lily recast, not no Sofia recast to me, but even though I hear Sony LOVEs Lane, that doesnt mean they love the actors who play them LOL!

• Members

Frankly I don't think CK is the issue. Not that she's a strong actress but she can deliver decently if given decent material. I can't think of many on Y&R who can rise above the material. Where I think the problem with Sofia was entirely JPM. She's just lethargic on screen.

If Sony loves Villy also, can I hope they recast Billy Miller?

• Members

I think Christel Khalil is more interesting than Daniel Goddard at this point and she deserved that Emmy win. I just think as long as she's been with the show a recast is short-sighted. When they killed off Cane the character was just fine, in fact she was excellent to watch. She was much more interesting with Daniel. She was outside of that Cane/Lily orbit and was able to interact with other people and have a life. She was great.

Now if this is a Sofia recast then I'm okay with it. She's Neil's baby mama so I can see wanting to keep her around, but Devon and Lily need to stay how they are.

• Members

Last time CK left the show all she did was voiceover work for a cartoon where she voiced a white character. I remember caused I liked the W.I.T.C.H. comic series and I hated Cornelia's snooty ass in the comics and on the show. And she was right back when it was done production. She claimed she had a hard time booking roles because they didn't consider her black enough for the roles.

Archived