Changes you'd make to Y&R

• Members

OUT:

Gloria (Overstayed WAY past her welcome. Should've been gone after the truth of her poisoning the cream came out)

Jeffrey

Billy (BM wants out and I'd write Billy out)

Eden (Just a bore. Ricky should've did her in but since he didn't I would)

Daisy Dukes

JL's Heather

AH's Victoria

CK's Lily

Sofia

IN:

Leslie (well put on contract instead of recurring)

Roxanne (put on contract too)

Lily (Davetta Sherwood)

Heather (Vail Bloom)

Victoria (offer the role to Sarah Brown)

RETURNS:

Drucilla (with the ONE and ONLY VR in the role)

Tracy (would be recurring but more promient, as she'd be built up as the next matriarch)

Olivia

Nate (with Lawrence Saint-Victor from GL)

Even though they are WAY before my time (thanks to the synopsis you all post and youtube vids), I'd bring back the younger Brooks/Foster/Prentiss kids, and start to recenter the show around them.

Chucky would be the head of family and doctor. I'd probably cast Jon Hensley (ex-Holden) or Cameron Mathison (ex-Ryan) in the role and pair him with Sharon or Victoria. Next, would be Brooks Prentiss, the hot-headed, young entrepreneur/corporate tycoon. I'd cast Jason Gerhardt (ex-Coop, GH) as he was eye candy, yet I felt he was an alright actor. I'd have him come in under an alias and work with Victor while secretly trying to bring him down, and using Abby to do so. He eventually takes Newman from Victor (and EB would have to get over losing for once or get lost), and reveal that he did it b/c Victor took Prentiss way back when, which reading the synopsis, Lorie got back. Shelly Hennig is who'd I cast for Jennifer, and have her be the young ingenue that is paired with Kyle (after Eden dies). Then I'd create a daughter for Lorie with Chrishell Stause in mind (as she played bitchy so well before they watered Amanda down on AMC), and make her the new, young, social climbing bad girl that this show desperately needs and pair her with Nick, which would kill Nikki seeing as Lorie is one of her rivals. Nick, who would marry him as she'd be the younger trophy wife, would feel he still has it. Meanwhile, it would give Nikki with a daughter-in-law that didn't give a f*ck, try to seek her approval, or bend to her like Phyllis and Sharon have done.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Get rid of:

Jeff Branson (Ronan Malloy)

Lindsay Bushman (Summer Newman) (Recast)

Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) (Temporarily)

Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Lawson)

Genie Francis (Genevieve Atkinson)

Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Mitchell)

Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) (Recast at a later date)

Billy Miller (Billy Abbott)

Julia Pace Mitchell (Sofia Winters)

Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher) (Rikaart would go to B&B as C.J. Garrison)

Ted Shackelford (Jeffrey Bardwell)

Darnell Williams (Sarge)

Bring back:

John Driscoll (Chance Chancellor)

Walter Fauntleroy (Nate Hastings)

Lesli Kay (Felicia Forrester)

Rachel Kimsey (Mackenzie Browning)

Nia Peeples (Karen Taylor)

Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) (Duh)

Add:

Boris Kodjoe (Malcolm Winters)

Michael Learned (Mary Williams)

Peter Reckell (Matt Miller)

Someone new (Lily Winters)

Someone new (Summer Newman)

Up to contract:

Tatyana Ali (Roxanne)

NEVER SPEAK OF AGAIN:

Daisy

Ryder

Sarah

Also bring back Jack Smith to replace Sheffer, re-do the opening credits (not just update - change them completely), scrap the end-of-episode previews and bring back the fade-to-black producer credits.

• Members

Goodbye:

Ronan

Chelsea

Tucker

Genevieve

Adam

Sofia

Chloe

Kevin

Cane

Backburn:

Phyllis

Nick

Sharon

Bring back:

Jill

Olivia

Drucilla

Nate

Ashley (played by Brenda Epperson Doumani)

Keemo (let's pretend he's in his 30's)

Bobby

Recast:

Abby

Eden

Kyle

Victoria

Lily

This show desparately needs some under 35's that don't suck so I'd work on that.

• Members

Trim the cast down to just this:

Doug Davidson

Melody Thomas

Jeanne Cooper (costs will automatically be trimmed when she can't work anymore)

Heather Tom (If you can't get her, Victoria can go back to Italy)

David Tom

Peter Bergman (Recurring)

Beth Maitland

Brenda Dickson (Yes, I'd let Jess go)

Marcy Rylan

Liz Hendrickson

Tricia Cast

Sharon Case

Josh Morrow

Michelle Stafford (Only temporary)

Stephanie Williams (Get rid of all black characters except Olivia, and then Amy would come back with a teenage daughter)

Marguerite Ray (Yes, MAMIE)

Thom Bierdz (prominent recurring)

Beau Kayzer (Recurring)

A better actress to play Summer

Christian Leblanc

Yani Gellman

Brenda Epperson (Recurring)

Kate Linder

Jaime Lyn Bauer

Yes, I think I would get rid of Lauren, she's worn out her usefulness.. I wouldn't kill her or anything.. just let her appear about as often as Brock does. You notice Eric Braeden is not on that list. It's time for Victor to DIE. The man who always won needs to finally lose, and I'd like someone to secretly switch his anti rejection medication for sugar pills.. and that someone would be a maid planted at the ranch by none other than MICHAEL SCOTT. We'd ahve to bring people in for short term story, like Mark Benedict... I would also have a SL which would culminate in Phyllis' suicide. So Victor and Phyllis are the only two I'd kill off... others would just dissapear seamlessly. I would also reverse the whole Patty thing. Move heaven and earth to have Lilibet Stern come back for a story arc and surprise everyone by showing up in town. It turn out that Haiduk's character was NOT Patty, but a crazed psycho that was in group therapy with the REAL patty, and assumed her identity... this is why Victor found her, but he didn't PERSONALLY SEE HER. He arranged to have a hired henchman approach the "fake" Patty and make the offer of all the money and plastic surgery, etc. and she accepted... but Victor never physically SAW her until after said surgery. And his henchman didn't know what Patty looked like originally... so there you have it.

• Members

Michelle Stafford can go. She should have been like Sheila...where she pops up for sweeps stunts. Phyliss hasnt been relevant in years...she lost all her edge when they paired her with boring depressing ugly faced Nick Newman played by Joshua Morrow....who needs the axe too!

• Members

As everyone keeps repeating start by trimming half the cast with all the pointless characters we have gotten the last few years (even if that means taking a page out of Days with a mass shootout at a big party that kills all those people except the main stars of the show)

Cane dies for real, Lily leaves town (eventually brought back with a better act er recast)

Dru returns, regains her place as the Winters Matriarch.

John Abbott is discovered to be really alive and is the key for Victor to be taken down once and for all (well...not forever)

Nick and Sharon eventually find their way back together, as people begin to see Phyllis for the psycho she really is.

Scotty along with Nate Hastings return to Genoa City, both work as doctors at G.C Memorial. ( I know Scotty was suppose to be an author but we can say that he decided to go with a different path and follow in his late father and grandfathers footsteps.)

Finally give Olivia more airtime and a possible hookup with Detective Gil or even a now semi redeemed with less sheffer's balls Spencer.

Bring Brenda Epperson back as Ashley, maybe a relationship with Paul?

And finally, as i keep saying something has to be done about those legacy children/younger cast. I guess the reason i am pushing that is because (and fill free to correct me if this annoyed people) is because I can't help by kind of wish Y&R (even B&B) would beef up their younger cast the way they did with AMC and OLTL the last several years...I know people are gonna groan, but even if the stories weren't on par with those shows, at least it seems like they made an effort to give the younger characters stories (especially OLTL) and i just think it's time to see that more on the two remaining CBS soaps. (only i would NOT phase out the vets as they will always be the most important) and starting with a decent gay story...with Fen would help.

• Members

After Tucker's death, Genevieve has a breakdown and turns to alcohol. One night she gets in a drunken fight with Jill. She attacks Jill. The two tussle, and then Gen goes flying off a balcony to her death. Jill looks down over the balcony..."Oops."

• Members

First off, they need to get Jess Walton into that studio and get Jill Abbott back on the canvas (Brenda Dickson's tranny looking, diva bullshite pulling, mentally unstable ass can keep slugging it out with her ex-husband in Hawaiian divorce court thank you very much) because Jill needs to do a lot of the in house cleaning herself, let her be JFP's avatar!

Jill returns to Genoa City in a rage. She has had months of self esteem boosting conversations with her beloved Phillip who has explained how everyone in the damn town has done her wrong for YEARS. Jill is back and she is pissed.

Jill hits Tucker and Murphy with her car, killing them both instantly, due to manufacturers defect of her car she is found not criminally liable, igniting the Kay/Jill feud. Genevieve hits the bottle, gets in a fight with Jill and flies over a balcony to her very certain death. Jill discover Sharon shoplifting at Fenmores and has her arrested and she is imprisoned (off canvas!) for 6 full months and returns a changed woman. Jill pays Gloria and Jeff, who have fallen on hard times, to leave town. They do. Jill takes charge of Jack's medical care and fires Sarge. Jack walks unaided days later.

So much for Jill to do. So little time. Let's get cracking JFP!

• Members

Rid of...Anita, Jeff, Eden, Sofia, Sarge, Genevieve, Ronan (JB is too unstable)

Retool the whole damn young set...Chloe, Kevin, Daniel, Abby, Carmine (he can go really but opposite Lauren or Avery he could work)

Recast...Victoria, Kyle, Noah, Summer, Fen

Bring back...Dru, Nate, Malcolm(recast)

Break up...Phick, Lane, Chlovin

• Members

I'd break up Lauren & Michael b/c it is LONG overdue. I'd have Michael, Heather, Avery, and Leslie all square off for the DA's seat, all using dirty tactics to gain the position; however, things go bad when Michael & Heather start sleeping together and Leslie catches it on tape, dangling it over their heads. Meanwhile, Lauren, bored of being the showcased wife, starts an affair with Paul. In the end, Leslie loses the tape (as Avery steals it) and it airs on the news. Michael and Lauren seek counsiling before realizing that they are no-longer in love and split.

Archived