Changes you'd make to Y&R

• Members

The other thread is already around 30 pages and I thought that would be better off being used as some type of discussion on the current news, not on ideas. If the mods disagree then they will merge these, I'm sure.

If you were at Y&R, who would you fire, who would you bring back, what story ideas would you implement?

I'd fire - Eden, Billy, Tucker, Genevieve, Sofia, Chloe, Kevin, Abby (recast at a later date), Anita, Chelsea

I'd bring back - JT, Mac (recast), Traci (with a teenage foster daughter), Olivia, Nate

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd fire Carmine, Lily, Cane, Genevieve, Tucker, Gloria, Jeffrey, Sofia, Devon and his girlfriend, Anita, Harmony and Sarge (once Jack was back walking). I'd send Adam to jail quickly and wrap up that ridiculously long evil SL of his. The knife would quickly appear and Eden would quickly get her memory back. I would quickly do something drastic to Sharon and Victor - like maybe send them away for a long time. No need for the Samantha SL tease with Cane, Lily, and Genevieve gone. I would repair Nina and Ronan's relationship. Definitely get Jill back. Quickly make it known that Michael withheld the fact the the gun was Lauren's and make him suffer consequences right alongside Phyllis. Quickly give Nikki something to do besides banter with Sharon and Victor (since they would be gone). I would not go forth with a gay SL, whether it be an adult or a teenager they supposedly have planned.

That's just for starters.

I'd also fire the AMC loving casting director at Y&R. smile.png

• Members

I think I'd get rid of the Abbotts totally. I like Bergman but he hasn't been into the role for years, he lacks romantic chemistry with anyone now, and the character has been so weakened, he doesn't even make a believable patriarch for that family. I do agree that Billy needs to go to. If Colleen were still around, I might bring traci back but to me the Abbotts are done. So goodbye Billy and Jack.

Sharon needs a break. I'd write her off for at least 6 months, let her go off and take care of her mom or just leave to find herself and get away from all the Newmans.

Lose Genevieve, Tucker, Harmony, Chloe, Kevin, chelsea, Abby, ronan,jeffrey, Gloria

I think I'd bring in a new AA woman. I love Debbi but this character like Tucker just doesn't fit. I'd dump Neil but I think he serves a purpose or could but no romances for him at least for a while.

And I'd shake up every couple on the show. I don't care how popular Phick or Lane are they need to both breakup. Id also put Vidtor and Nikki together for good. No more musical romances for them. They are both viable characters still but at their age the musical merry go round needs to end.

I think the AA woman coming on should be a rival for Phyllis

I actually like michael and Lauren together a lot. They along with Victor and Nikki should be the staple couples. But I do like Avery so maybe they could throw a wrinkle in their marriage and put Avery into the mix.

I'd bring back Chance and I think Mac coming back is a good idea.

I feel like Nick and Victoria as lackluster as some might think the actors are would be a bigger loss than losing some others just because of who they are. But maybe Nick can go back into a story with Newman until a stronger Sharon returns but the bed hopping for Nick has to end and Phick is stale as hell

• Members

No black people on your YR? Say what?

I'd keep Sophia and make her into the great businesswoman she was supposed to be. Keep intact her relationship with Tucker. Love them as friends. Build Devon and Tucker into a powerful father/son team. Have Neil die. Not important how as long as he just dies. CK as Lily can go straight to hell with her grief!

Debbie Morgan as a hood rat goes against everything I have ever believed about soaps. Its just wrong! Sarge? Who the hell cares?

Victor should kill Sharon in an attempt to kill Adam. Adam kills himself and just keep it moving.

Get rid of anything remotely associated with the name Fisher!

Get Nikki back front and center and for god sake. Please GET VICTORIA ROWELL ON THE DAMN PHONE! Please!!!!

Haven't watched in months so I'm not sure of what's going on. Is there still a need for Phyllis? I hear she's paying for a 50 year old crime.

• Members

I would write out Ronan, Chelsea, Genevieve, Tucker, Kevin, Jeffrey, Anita, Carmine, Sofia and Eden.

I would prefer to get Heather Tom back as Victoria, but I doubt that would ever happen, so I would recast that role.

Olivia would return and fall for Sarge, Leslie Michaelson would return and romance Neil, leading to Drucilla's return from the dead. Jess Walton would be back ASAP and her feud with Katherine would be back at the center of Genoa City. Going back to the beginning of the show, Lorie Brooks would return with a daughter. With Ashley gone, I love the idea of Traci returning with an adoptive daughter.

Kay and Jill's feud would be reborn with Murphy's death serving as a catalyst as Kay blames Jill for his death.

And no one is arrested and the police station not seen for at least 6 months, I am sick to death of that entire set.

• Members

I'd keep Judy Blye Wilson she's a good casting director and has a great track record for discovering new talents. I don't blame her for MAB's stunt casting.

First ones gone would be Cane and his damn cartoon mother! Recast Lily Winters with someone who identifies as black and can act.

I'd get rid of Sarge when Jack can walk again.Let Harmony go to be brought back at a later date because the role is all over the place

Recast Billy with someone who actually wants to be on this show. Bring Jill back ASAP

Get rid of Adam, Chelsea, Daisy Duke, Chloe, Kevin, Ronan, send Phyllis on an extended vacation

Get rid of Tucker and Abby who can be recast at a later date

Send Sharon to some facility for help

• Members

Can we bring back Vance too? I've always had a thing for Eric Roberts.

I would cut:

Eden

Kyle (he is ALL wrong)

Kevin

Chloe

Tucker

Ronan

Daisy Duke

Zima (in case they plan on her coming back)

Cane

Genevieve (even though I actually like her, I get why others don't, and she's expendable)

Recast:

Victoria (with Heather Tom or, failing that, I like the Robin Christopher idea. OR! Failing that, Sarah Brown).

Billy (ideas welcome)

Lily (with Davetta Sherwood)

Bring back:

Drucilla (Victoria Rowell)

Lily (Davetta Sherwood)

Ashley (Eileen Davidson)

Traci

Colleen (with Adrianna Leon -- if PHILIP can come back from the dead, then so can Colleen)

Somebody needs to sit down and figure out what to do with Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams. They deserve to be saved but both of their characters need to be retooled and integrated into the GC fold in some way.

• Members

It's hard to imagine casting worse than Chompers. I would say Daniel Cosgrove as Billy if he hadn't become so overexposed. I would say Josh Kelley if he didn't have crazy eyes and little chemistry with women.

• Members

All these actors are... kind of generic and bland. I'm not blaming you for going for them, I had a hard time of thinking of some striking blonde actors who could carry the Billy Abbott legacy on their shoulders. Like, I came up with Jacob Young. Not a great actor but with a lot of presence and cachet. Unfortunately, he is ( a ) yet another AMC refuge and ( b ) four foot seven in heels. And just a shade too young (lol).

Archived