Changes you'd make to Y&R

• Members

Years ago, I floated the idea of reinstating the Brooks and Foster clans, an idea which was summarily dismissed. Today, I read this thread, and I notice several are suggesting the exact same idea. Funny, isn't it?

Also...? What good is it to suggest ideas you KNOW will never see the proverbial light-of-day? All it does, I find, is raise hopes to unrealistic levels. Plus, even if you DID have to power to make these ideas all realities, they'd all turn to [!@#$%^&*] the minute SONY and/or CBS got ahold of 'em. I say, you're better off directing your energies toward something more constructive...like knitting.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it's not like they have no ties to the current canvas, especially the Fosters. They've all been on the show in some form or another recently, and surely 30 years away (more or less) have allowed for a lot of things to happen that could give them great story. I don't see how it'd be anything but good for the canvas, and a fantastic way to tie the past to the future, and give the Newmans and Abbotts something fresh to do for once (also maybe give some of them a rest, as well!)

But you're also right. Knit. It'll spare your sanity, and at least you'll have a sweater when you're done.

• Members

Jill and Lauren can't be sisters. I'd bring back Julianna McCarthy as Liz in Jill's dream, James Houghton and William Grey Espy as Greg and Snapper Foster and have them stay for a few weeks until Jill realises that she is a Foster and these people are the only family she ever had. The Lauren thing has to change as soon as possible. When Greg and Snapper leave town, I would bring Jennifer Foster. Jill's niece who will start working as her assistant, or as a reporter in the Genoa City Chronicle (Stuart Brooks's newspaper)

Give Jill a near death experience where she dreams about how different her life could be. Bring back Brenda Dickson and Deborah Adair to play these scenarios for one episode, along with Jerry Douglas and other people from the past.

The idea to have Jill accidentally kill Murphy and Tucker is great. Kay can be mean and bitter again and somehow team up with Jack Abbott to destroy Jill.

Many of you want Jack Abbott out. I want him to stay and marry Lauren in order to save the family company. Paul can be part of this story and Traci as well. Jack is once again stepfather to a young boy (Fen), while Scott Grainger returns and works for Lauren. It turns out that he has more similarities with Sheila than with Lauren, but he is not a psycho.

Somehow Brad and Colleen need to be alive. Witness Protection Program? Don Diamont could return for a few episodes and introduce us to new Colleen, who starts working and flirting with Scott. Abby also stays around, perhaps recast with a younger actress. Marla Adams could briefly return as Dina Abbott Mergeron and so could Steven Ford as Andy Richards.

I'd reunite Billy and Chloe, but not in a tradional romantic storyline. They could be working together and raising Delia together. I'd have Chloe change her name back to Kate Valentine after Esther goes through a health scare. Chloe/Kate could turn out to be a better businesswoman than Billy making him jealous.

Daniel and a recast Lily could end up back together while Neil spends more time with Phyllis. Dr Nate is back and he is basically Malcom 2.0.

In my Y&R there is no room for Devon and his messy family story and neither for Jesse and Angie. Cane should be for ever forgotten.

I'd kill off Adam in a big fire at the Newman ranch and backburner the Newmans, with Nikki being there as Jack and Kay's confidant.Nick and Sharon out, Victoria out, Victor in a coma or something.

Kyle Abbott should be a spoiled prince and he could use a girl from the wrong side of the tracks.

Bring back Jamie Lyn Bauer for several weeks

Bring back the classy 90s opening

• Members

Well, you of course, know what I would do. Besides my cast list above, I would simply make the show look and feel as close to the 1970's Y&R as humanly possible, with today's actors and today's fashions. Daytimefan... Jess is fine if she's just stop looking like a frumpy hausfrau and get her crap together appearance-wise. All Brenda needs right now is to tone down the brightness of her wardrobe and accept a visit from lady clairol. Jess looked great all through the 90's, if she'd just dress like that again, it would be a great help. Today it burns my hide every time Gloria is on screen, because GLORIA is dressed like Jill should be dressed.

• Members

I really have no story ideas but Drucilla Winters, Olivia and Nate need to return.

And then Genevieve, Cane, CK Lily, Harmony, Sarge, Chelsea, Kevin, Chloe, Tucker, Sofia, and so many others I can't think of right now need to go.

And Victor's time as leading man, top dog, whatever it is needs to end. So sick of his 70 year old ass get leading lady after leading lady. Put him back with Nikki and leave it at that.

And somebody PLEASE recast Victoria. Amelia Heinle is weak and I want to see Nick/Victoria/Adam take over the reigns from Victor and start driving story but this baby obsessed and haggard looking woman posing as Victoria has got to GO!

• Members

That was me! Yes, I'd just write all the Winters out, and bring back the character of Amy Lewis. She WAS Traci's best friend, after all... and if Traci was back, then her being back would be an easy progression, you can give her a husband and teenage daughter. The Winters family without Dru just does NOT work, although Olivia can stand to stay because she's a doctor.... and it would give something for a returning Mamie to do. Marguerite Ray's Mamie and Brenda had MAD confrontational chemistry, I would love for Mamie and Jill to go at it again. But at this point, you could NOT bring back Drusilla and have it be the least bit plausible. What are you gonna do? Say she's been a Jane Doe with Amnesia in some hospital for 5 years? She's a model that's been on covers of magazines worldwide.. not ONE PERSON would recognize her? That train has just left the station.

• Members

You can come up with any reason why Dru wouldn't be known - she could have been in a coma in some shack.

I agree about the Winters without her though.

I've only seen a little of Marguerite Ray, but I thought she left because of some huge backstage conflict.

Archived