I would bring back:

Traci

Ashley

Nina (full time)

Dr. Casey Reed.

I would add:

Denise Alexander as Lydia Summers, Phyllis and Avery's mom

First umbrella storyline:

Lydia Summers shows up in Genoa City. Phyllis and Avery are shocked to see their mother. She is a rather cold woman, but it's clear that she loves both of her children despite her blaming Phyllis for the family falling apart. It is quickly revealed that Lydia has a secretive past with both Jill Abbott and Nikki Newman. Jill tries to run Lydia out of town, but Lydia blackmails her with something from her past. Lydia forces Jill to give her a job at Jabot, so that it will be clear to her daughters that she is staying in Genoa City. Lydia and Nikki get along very well, though the audience isn't exactly sure how they know each other.

Sharon and Victor get into an argument when he catches her plotting to hurt Chelsea, out of jealousy for her relationship with Adam. Victor throws Sharon out of the ranch. Heartbroken, Sharon decides to take a ride on her horse. Unfortunately, the horse bucks, throwing Sharon off. Her neck is broken and she dies shortly after in the hospital.

Victor blames himself for Sharon's death. He runs to Nikki for comfort, and she is heartbroken to see him in this state. He tells her that he wants to get back together, but she refuses. He sleeps with Lydia, which causes a strain in Nikki/Lydia's friendship, though eventually Nikki approves. The two are married quickly, which angers Phyllis and Avery.

Down the line, Lydia spots a drunken Billy and Chloe kissing at Jimmy's. Wanting to torture Jill, she uses the photo to destroy Billy's marriage. She shows it to Victoria (Robin Christopher). Victoria has had enough. She immediately files for divorce. Billy begs her to take him back, but she refuses. She fights for full custody of John, and wins. Billy slips into a drinking binge. Kevin is willing to forgive Chloe, until he overhears her admit to her mother that she has genuine feelings for Billy. He leaves her, and Genoa City. Heartbroken, Chloe decides it's time to move on, and leaves Genoa City.

Victoria is no longer content being a housewife, so she agrees to go work for Beauty of Nature. She does wonders for the company, and makes it stronger than ever. She soon grows tired of being under Jack's thumb, however, so she cheats him out of the company. As the new owner of Beauty of Nature, she dares her father to try and compete with her.

After Jill learns that it was Lydia that destroyed Billy's marriage, the two have a huge confrontation in the Athletic Club. Lydia storms out, and Jill follows. Jill gets in her car and aims to hit Lydia. Tucker, standing nearby, throws himself in front of the car to save Lydia. Jill hits Tucker, and Tucker dies. This re-ignites the Katherine/Jill feud and puts it frontburner once more.

• Members

I used these in another thread a long time ago, but I'd have Kevin burn down Crimson Lights for insurance money, and Eden dies in the process. Lauren finds a long list of ugly crimes Kevin committed over the years that Michael covered up, and she turns him in. Kevin goes to prison. Michael dumps Lauren, becomes more ruthless, and stages a coup at Newman Enterprises.

• Members

A lot of these ideas sound great but I'm sure JFP's first directive from Sony is "cut costs." So I wouldn't be looking for any daytime veterans in any kind of long-term situation, at least in the near future. Maybe once she's hacked the cast down significantly - which would probably include multiple vets - then maybe there will be money for Robin Christopher or other FOJs. If the show is on long enough, that is.

Archived