Aborted pairings

• Members

True!

I do wish they had built up a Cricket/Paul/Lauren/Michael quad more than they did. They seemed to start to go there then stop it. The four of them would have been great, esp if they also brought Phyliss and Danny into the mix. I had the bug but thats a pretty solid 6 characters right there.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Peter/Jennifer qualifies as an aborted pairing since we saw their courtship and they even got married. As for no mention of Peter's existence now, it's not shocking considering the behind the scenes mess that made MR break her contract in 1995.

• Members

I think Nicole/Roman on DOOL would've been a really fun pairing, especially coming off his relationship with Kate and Bo being the son of Nicole's ex. However, Nicole and Roman slept together right before Adrianne Zucker was fired last go-round and so that was literally the last time we ever saw her until she returned to town.

• Members

I wanted to see Jack and Anna together on AMC. They worked together as DA/Chief of Police, and there were times when it could have happened. I enjoyed their scenes with Jack comforting Anna after Leora's funeral - the chemistry was definitely there. With Jack dumping Erica at the altar over the revelation that Greenlee was his daughter, that would have been a good time for him to turn to someone else for comfort. AMC was moving Erica back toward David with Bianca's rape, which would have been really interesting because it would have meant Jack and David essentially just switching partners. I would have loved to see where AMC could go with that.

• Members

They were engaged, and the day before their courthouse wedding, reality sunk in for Erica (Charlie telling Jack and Brooke in front of Erica that he couldn't wait to give Bianca a little brother or sister probably had a lot to do with it), and she broke it off.

• Members

I always wished that AW had done more with Vicky and Evan. Anne Heche and Charles Grant worked well together.

Anna Stuart and Tom Eplin had a fling as Donna and Jake but I would have liked it if that had gone on more as well. The chemistry was there and the story potential was great!

I agree with the previous post of Hugh and Kelly on OLTL. I was starting to get in to them and then it was stopped. I also always like Dan Gauthier and Kassie DePaiva as Kevin and Blair. Those two were hot together!

• Members

I think OLTL was really hit or miss with casting, and Josh Casaubon was natural and charming . . . and Kelly really needed something new, and Heather Tom had chem. with everyone. The whole thing was very refreshing.

Dan Gautheir was one of OLTL's best casting feats in the last decade there and he had great chemistry with KDP and HT . . . but Michael Malone and Josh Griffith made things SO messy for Kelly, Kevin, Blair, and Todd in '03/'04 to the point where none of the options were viable anymore, IMO (of course, TPTB were never going to truly drop T&B, though). Kevin & Kelly were so damaged that I resented Higely reuniting them so deeply, lol. Malone had a real commitment to K&K as individuals, but he clearly had beef with later regimes putting them together (in a great episode tied together through Riley playing the guitar/singing, K&K admitted in Angel Square that they were f'd all along because of how things went down with Joey [and I would've included a Cassie mention in that scene, too]). I did think there could've been potential for Kevin & Blair, but I think TPTB were too chicken to really go there because T&B were endgame and it would've mucked Kelly/Blair up too much. Remember the Todd & Kelly teasing not just in '10 but in '04, too? That was so scandal!!! LOL.

Archived