2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

The other thing the daytime emmys confirmed for me is that I could have a brilliant second career as a stylist for soap actors. Dear God there were some awful choices in hair, makeup, accessories and attire last night. At the top of the list for needing a stylist was the hot mess that was Susan Lucci. God I love her, but when she freelances, it's painfully obvious.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't blame them, man are actor's/actresses pissed about the non tribute last night

Eden Riegel@edenriegel

Um... How do you do a tribute to two beloved long-running soaps and not show a single clip? #DaytimeEmmys

Cady McClain Would Like To Be Your Friend

Nice they thanked the fans but was that the tribute to AMC and OLTL?? Where were the flashbacks? WTF??? #DaytimeEmmys

• Members

This show was a complete mess. Susan Lucci was highly irritating. No suitable AMC, OLTL tribute, after hype about it. Cheap production, very sloppy. One bit of music, a few bars, highly annoying, between segments and announcing categories. Way too much emphasis on the categories, like talk shows, cooking shows, which took time away from the soaps. Not enough panning through the audience. Or showing the nominees. I could go on. Good emmy shows, thing of the past.

• Members

And would you believe she wasn't wearing a new dress? I've seen her in that dress before, either on AMC or some event...I was shocked to see a recycled dress. And the hair...it looked like one of Joan Collins' biggest wigs and everyone knows I love Joan Collins...but it takes a certain person to pull off hair that big.

Lucci is capable of looking so beautiful, classy and elegant.

The whole event, from top to bottom, was an unmitigated disaster. Lisa Rinna was the highlight, she really didn't seem to give a [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Yes, I know. I am so glad I'm not the only Lucci photo stalker. :D She wore it to a broadway event a few years ago, with equally bad hair. The silky spaghetti strap look just feels very dated, and it's more flattering on a younger woman/someone who has a little more body fat. I was perusing the formal attire on Neiman Marcus's website this morning, and I saw at least a half dozen dresses on her that would have looked so much better on her!

Susan is such a beautiful woman, but when left to her own devices, she tends to dress like Erica Kane circa 1985: big hair, lots of makeup, and bright, flashy clothes.

For me the highlight of the show was reading Nancy Lee Grahn's sarcastic drunk tweets... until she won. She was much more reserved after she won, and that was kind of a letdown.

Archived