2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soapsuds, I agree with what you said about Lucci. I have always felt the same way. I just looked at a picture of her on Daytime Comfidential. I mean I know she is small anyway, but she looked absolutely too bony.

• Members

Exactly. Jill rocks! It was HER material that won this Emmy. What is this, her 6th as an Executive Producer? Her 7th overall. People are so jealous of Jill. I'm sure that she couldn't care less what people think of her.

• Members

Exactly. How about addressing the abundant flaws with the writing, directing, and acting on your own show if you're so interested in new viewers? Maybe he should check out a Y&R episode from 1993 to see what we mean.

And I have to wonder, would he be saying the same thing about Christian J. LeBlanc or Peter Bergman, two other old goats who have constantly won Emmys, sometimes undeservedly so? And in the wrong category no less (I'm looking at YOU CLB).

• Members

It was material she produced. If not for her producing instincts the material that won wouldn't have been brought to life in the same way. That makes it as much her material as Bob Guza's. She was the one dealing with the budget she was given, pushing her directors, working with the casting department, handling the actors on a day to day basis, etc.

She might have been a figurehead when it came to the writing/creative aspect, but an EP's job goes beyond that.

• Members

Actually, she was the EP of Santa Barbara for 2 of their 3 wins ('89 & '90) and was co-EP for the 1st, so that would make her 8th as an EP.

I completely agree with you- she may be controversial, but for the mostpart, JFP produces some excellent drama and improves the production values of almost every show she lands on (save AW imo). When the writing is there, there's really no stopping her and she can be flawless. There's a reason that she's been an EP consistently for almost 25 years and has worked on 5 different soaps.

ITA! If that speech didn't show the woman has class and is far different from the horror story rumors about her, I don't know what will.

Archived