2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know what to think of this years's awards. it might be the last time i'll watch but only because my OLTL won't be on next year. (i know there is a very silm chance it might considering it did some weeks in January but probably not.) I was disapointed that Erika Slezak didn't win. i know she already has seven but it would have been nice to win one more. But again i'm semi-happy Heather Tom won because they said she won best younger actress, best supporting actress and now best actress.

and what the hell was Cameron Mattheson doing with the two diva's of Daytime. Clearly they could have put someone else who say worked more than a decade and a half. They couldn't have gotten Robert Woods or asked Micheal E Night to come for the tribute. and i thought there would be a montage but all they did was talk. that was a little disapointing. I'm thrilled to have seen more of Erika and Susan but i would have liked a montage of the both shows. I don't know why they talked about Guiding Light and As The World Turns, those shows have been off the air for years.

I loved when Deidra Hall said something to the audience like "I'll say who won!" She's great.

• Members

This is what upset me, as I felt they were basically saying goodbye to daytime, not just AMC and OLTL. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad those shows were acknowledged, especially since ATWT was given the bum's rush, but seeing this mentioned on an awards show which was gamely trying to pretend that soaps were still relevant was like a bucket of cold water. I felt like there was an air of, "We know this is over, let's just try to pretend."

I did appreciate what Erika was trying to say, that daytime soaps still mattered (and she didn't say it in the boilerplate, empty way Cameron Mathison did) but it just felt so funereal.

Then Deirdre basically said the same things, although she was smart enough to add a plug for people to watch DAYS.

I think the only reason Mathison was on that stage was his various hosting/"reporting" duties. I would have loved to have seen David Canary, or Julia Barr. I hope they were at least asked.

• Members

It probably is for me, too. They can keep fellating GH for years to come for all I care. Of course with just 4 soaps left, they either might have no more show or a show with more "other" content.Who knows who would watch that..

• Members

I was hoping for Darnell to win but at least it was Geary instead of Maurice Benard!tongue.png

If only we'd known how prescient those words turned out to be...

In what universe were the writers of DAYS better than Agnes Nixon & Lorraine Broderick????

I have nothing against Heather Thom, but Debbi gave the performance of the year, hands down!

It took Regis leaving for them to finally start winning!

Why the [!@#$%^&*] did they waste time of this [!@#$%^&*] instead of making montages for AMC & OLTL?

I was wondering that too.

I need to find Susan's full quote. I was so pissed after watching the awards that I deleted them from my DVR.

CaMat's place should've gone to either David Canary or Michael Knight, but only if Agnes herself wasn't available to stand between her two divas.

And where the hell was our video montage?!?

My thoughts exactly! ABC Daytime is dead to me

Archived