2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

First ever writing Emmy win for Richard Culliton that I can remember! I read he wrote the dialogue for the episode that was submitted so it wasn't just something he happened into as a member of the team.

So happy for him, he has been my daytime writing hero ever since the mid-90s. I do not watch Days but this is something he deserves after such a long, successful career in the industry that has brought character-based drama and excitement to millions. If the industry is dying, it is fitting that he should be among the final awardees.

EDIT: Editing post to note he won previously in the early 90s too, but that was so long ago.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

okay so i was watching late because i went out for a lovely mexican dinner and hat this [!@#$%^&*] on record. here is my reaction.

I am failing to understand why I spent a good 40% of that show looking at a chandelier before commercials....That should have been shots of people in the audience! And when they did show clips of people in the audience, it wasn't daytime stars it was people that hosted AOL videos that no one ever heard of.

For a second I thought I had a drunken blackout and missed the AMC/OLTL tribute, then I realized that Lucci's speech was it. THE F U C K ?! And she kept pausing for applause and no one was clapping and she said something about All My Children being the fabric of her life. It was a mess and have Cameron Mathison's eyes always been so sunken into his head? Erika Slezak looked beautiful.

Debbie Gibson? Is this 1984? Were we in a shopping mall?

I love Nancy Lee Grahn but that was Becky's award...oh well.

Heather Tom looked interesting. her face looked beautiful but the dress was hit.

Jill Faren Phelps was the elephant in the room. Bitch sat next to Frank Valentini and looked like the reaper.

• Members

To be fair to her, her big year was probably 1989 (the year I was born...sorry haha) and Tiffany was really the Shopping Mall Singing Princess of the 80s, but I hear ya wink.png .

1987 (debut album) and 1989 (last year of pop star fame), actually. "Lost In Your Eyes" went to number one early that year (I was born on February 28th, and that was the number one song that day...yes I'm young, stop looking at me like that! laugh.png).

And she is the youngest person to ever produce, write, and sing a number one song (and a whole album, for that matter), so I have to give her props for that smile.png .

• Members

Lucci's speech was awkward mostly because no one applauded and no one seemed to care. The delivery was not great, but as much as she's cried over AMC ending, I felt like she was trying hard to keep it together and not cry over both AMC's end and what looked like the painfully obvious death of soap opera.

Plus it was just too long to have the camera directly on her while she stood there and talked. They should have cut in with clips of AMC or shots of some of her costars in the audience.

• Members

God that whole era is a blur, and she actually had more success than Tiffany, who really only had one successful album. Granted it sold more than Debbie's two big albums.

Out of the Blue sold more than Electric Youth, I believe. Though Electric Youth peaked at #1.

Debbie should have known her career was long dead by the time she released this crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_WbKcLthwo

• Members

If they were that apathetic they shouldn't have even shown up. There was no reason for these awards to be put on the air, and little to nothing in soaps today that deserved an award. I'm happy for Nancy Lee Grahn, as I think she always tries to dig out through the crap she's given.

Archived