2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Larry Carpenter was on stage that year, Frank just hogged the speech.

I do not know what Jill would or wouldn't have done, all I know is that this award was for 2011 material and she produced the show all of last year. Therefore she has all right to be up on stage accepting that award, and Frank has no claim or right which is why he rightfully sat down.

• Members

Yeah... I think she was hoping for more of a reception like the one she got when she won the Emmy. Everyone there seemed very blase about the whole thing, and there just wasn't much excitement over the awards. Everyone there who works on a soap opera knows their genre is dying and it's only a matter of time before they're all out of work. From that POV, the Susan Lucci/AMC/OLTL "tribute" has to be pretty depressing for them. When the last soap goes, there won't even be pathetic attempts at tributes.

• Members

That was so unbelievably awful, it made me miss Las Vegas. I don't know how HLN didn't cut into that with something about Syria, lord knows that would have been more cohesive.

The presenters from Days of our Lives, for whatever reason, came off the best, they all looked great and didn't seem so...desperate?

That music was torture. Not a single video montage. The winners were obscene and the moment I saw Jack Hannah and his animals I knew it was all over.

These don't ever need to be televised again. A disgrace.

• Members

LOL. Caught that one.

Man, that was really.. weird? I don't wanna say horrible, but, I'm kind of shaking my head at what just happened. Lisa Rinna made me REALLY uncomfortable, too.

Nice to see CM/SL/ES though. Congrats to the GH winners, as well.

Archived