2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ughhh....I have no words about what i just saw...All the Glitz and Glamour is gone, and that godawful music???

The wins seemed pretty accurate but Christel "I look bored all the time" Khalil wins???

I wanted to throw something at Maria when she appeared on my tv and had the nerve to say that she pretty much doesn't view herself as a failure...

• Members

Well, I for one will congratulate Christel. After all, it was her first Emmy in four tries.

That said... Molly, call the police because YOU WUZ ROBBED! lol

I think I could say the same for Jacqueline and Shelley, too. All four had good performances.

• Members

What was Oscar the Grouch supposed to be singing about? Neighbors dropping by? When was the last time that was in daytime...1994?? Was that supposed to be kids shows, like Sesame Street?

She should at least question that nose...

• Members

I don't understand the black and white footage - i kept thinking they were parodying old television, especially when someone wore a bow tie. I wish awards shows didn't have that ponderous, endless need to explain themselves and how wonderful they think their genre is.

I swear Kim Coles spoke for about an hour. After that I just started fast forwarding and barely stopped.

I didn't think the audience reaction to Lucci was that bad - it wasn't a standing ovation, but it was respectful and loud enough. The reaction died down when it became so much about AMC and herself, which is something which would get a more muted reaction, because most of the people in the audience can't relate. That part was awkward. To be honest I felt like I was watching Erica give a speech, not Susan. I think I hated the camera angles more than anything - at one point I swear I thought pig's blood was going to fall on her head.

Cameron Mathison being AMC's representive really says it all. Thank goodness Erika was OLTL's rep, as after I saw Cameron I became convinced it would be JPL.

Weird seeing Heather Tom so emotional. I don't see her work as Katie deserving an award but I will always miss her on Y&R (of long ago, not today), and she does the best with what she has. Seeing her win was sort of like my saying goodbye to my last memories of Bill Bell.

I forgot to add that the funereal tone of the show really put me off. I get honoring soaps, but not this way, please. If you want to honor the past of soaps then just say goodbye. And poor Deirdre Hall can barely speak.

Archived