2012 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Juniorz1 - I have spoken to Jill FarrenPhelps and she is a lovely woman. Very articulate, smart, intelligent and she loves daytime drama. She has made controversial decisions. Some decisions are unpopular. Pardon the expression, but Jill has balls. She is not afraid to make a decison and stick with it.

So what if Jill loves her daughter and mentions it on her many Emmy wins. Erika Slezak has mentioned how she loves her children during all 6 of her Emmy wins. How many times did Erika mention Michael and Amanda ad nauseum? Susan Lucci raved about her children during her 1 Emmy win.

Jill Farren Phelps is the most Emmy Award Winning Executive Producer in daytime Emmy history. Good for her! Jill deserved this most recent win.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when the Daytime Emmys were the most-watched show of the week? And the telecasts themselves were glitzy and fun and polished? And (most) everyone who won either delighted or surprised you (in a good way)? And we believed that soaps would stay gold forever?

Oh, well. I guess Miss Ross said it best: ain't no use in holdin' on when nothin' stays the same. sad.png

• Members

I remember when I watched only a few soaps, so watching the Emmys was like seeing strangers, and I'd get annoyed when one of them would win and someone I enjoyed lost.

I can't remember the last time I had any faith in this awards show. I think Dick Clark ruined it for me for good.

• Members

The rumors I heard were that she threw herself at the male leads she perceived to be the big new stars of the show, both onscreen and off. She was supposedly all over MEK back in the late 80s/early 90s, but he wasn't interested in her. Allegedly she pushed heavily for a David/Dixie romance in part because she was trying to get into VI's pants, despite him being married, and the only reason D&D happened was because she was in contract negotiations and had a friend in the show's producer who wanted to keep Cady on the show at the time, despite her being difficult to work with. Supposedly she demanded Dixie be with Zack during that whole disastrous return circa 2006 because she thought TK was going to be the next big thing on AMC, and she threw herself at him too.

I don't know anything about her time at ATWT, and those are just the rumors I heard re: AMC, so perhaps others can chime in with more.

Sigh. Yes, I do. I loved watching the emmys in the 90s.

• Members

More on Cady... the other thing I heard is that she refused to believe that people adored the idea of Tad and Dixie with Dixie as the naive, sweet heroine who was victimized by the evil Adam with Tad rushing to her rescue to "save" her. She constantly pushed the writers and producers to make Dixie edgier, less sweet, less naive, which probably explains some of the odd hair choices she made over the years, trying make Dixie at least look edgier.

• Members

It can explain why I think she was at her best at playing Rosanna on ATWT. She was never a bad actress, but her first stint at ATWT especially was the first time I really thought to myself that she seemed interested in her work and could actually be a dynamite actress. I think she did her best work in that role.

Archived