Worst created character in daytime history

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Foley Brothers on Guiding Light. IMO, they were one of the many things that made it hard for people to come back or stick around. Grady should've been killed the night he killed Tammy, and Cyrus was pointless. I still hate the fact that JMel got tied down to Cyrus in the end along with Jenna being his mother. mad.gif From watching YT videos, Maeve on GL. She was a bore and too much of a "Mary Sue."

David Halliday & Bobby Reno on AW.

The entire Ciccone clan on ATWT. Just ugh... None of them brought nothing to the table IMO. Janet was boring along with Teri and Liberty. Another set of Passanantate creations that was worthless along with Emily's long lost son, Hunter.

Oh and of course, Daisy Carter on Y&R. That mess alone sh*tted on one of Bill Bell's greatest creations--the Sheila saga. Some masterpieces are best left alone but not under Maria. It's bad enough that the writing is bad but Yvonne Zima makes it worse. I want to gouge my eyes out when she opens her mouth. The character is bad enough and a poor actress in the role just solidifies it. And the fact that Lauren Fenmore is scared of this bony, airhead, bobble-head trick is unbelievable and painful.

• Members

The character Tom Pelphrey played on ATWT. (Mick something...) Totally pointless and a complete waste of time.

Same with Forbes March's character on the same show. I can't even remember his name.

You can add almost every character introduced during ATWT's last year. Instead of bringing back favorites from the past someone on that show thought it would be a good idea to bring in new characters. Because that's what everyone wants to see at a time like that..... mad.gif

• Members

Krystal Carey. She sucked up airtime, she never had any epic love stories or romances, she was constantly rewritten to be "good" even though she did awful things, she was massively unsympathetic, and good characters like Brooke were shoved aside to make room for Krystal.

• Members

I *really* don't like characters who are uber-anything on a show. I don't like villains who are written like horror or scifi characters with seemingly supernatural powers who control destinies of too many other characters (i.e. Mitch Lawrence, Helena Cassadine, etc.) through means that belong in a Vincent Price movie. I like my genres separate. On a soap opera, I would much rather see a Roger Thorpe or an Asa Buchanan manipulate people emotionally or screw them over rather than a creep take a corpse out of a coffin and terrorize a town. Likewise, I find it just as bad to have the uber-hero, the one who is put into a bunch of stories as some sort of rescuer, friend, ally, lover (Zack of AMC, McBain, etc.). The dominating, suffocating presence of such characters is a major factor that drove me away from more than one soap.

Archived