Worst created character in daytime history

• Members

I'm tempted to agree with the poster who said every new character that was created during ATWT's final year (except Reid). While great current and former characters sat on the sidelines...sigh...

However, the worst characters EVER on a soap can be narrowed down to the beyond-awful Z-Twins. Just what were TPTB thinking?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gabriel, known as Dog Boy, half-brother to Anna and Alex Devane. He was kept in a cage for most of his life, and was mute. Very offensive stuff. He also had a lot of scenes with Bianca, which led fans at the time to speculate he was going to "turn" her,

• Members

Another one on AMC that comes to mind is that Sydney character who appeared when Colby was SORAS-ed. I think she was Winifred's niece. The actress was atrocious and the character pointless. At that point, McT was throwing anything against the wall to see what would stick. The actress, whose name escapes me, appeared in the opening credits for months after her last appearance. I think they were attempting some Paris Hilton/Nicole Ritchie thing with them, but that just circled the drain from the get-go.

• Members

I actually liked Sydney, although they had no real story for her.

I think in the long term Krystal was more of a drain on the show, as was Babe, but I don't think the initial ideas were that awful. I think the idea of Kit was terrible.

I'd say the same about Tanner Jordan. Long term he certainly wasn't much of a blight on the show, but that he was created for the express purpose of the unbelievably vile story with Hayley was a big symptom of the worst of AMC at that time.

• Members

You know I want to say Luna Moody and Tea Delgado, but both actually have their moments on occasion (I actually feel I trained myself too much to hate the former automatically because of Gabrielle, which is admittedly not all that fair of me).

Jen Rappaport--Granted, I missed her last two years on the show, but before that--BLECH.

Or how about Colin and Troy's sister Emily, who mostly whispered with Troy about Joanna after awhile? I actually think she and Chad (the Break Bar guy/Steve the Dell guy lookalike guy) might have been sweet together, but there was really no real point to her being there.

• Members

I don't have any problem choosing Tea. She has had some moments, yes, but that's down to the actress. The character glorifies rape and wife-beating and child abuse. She has always been a huge mess of a character, Mary Sue meets Gor. For years I found her to be incredibly disturbing to watch and I think that she epitomized the death of OLTL.

• Members

Why has no one mentioned AMC's Randi? The prostitute turned Doctor's wife of Frankie Hubbard. She was a mess of a character from start to finish and seemed like the biggest token attempt to "diversify" the show further by giving Frankie a black woman to play opposite with instead of pairing him with other women who were already on the show. For that matter Madison and Marissa were just as useless as well and came on around the same time.

• Members

Janet BLEEP Ciccone. And Julia BLEEP Larrabee. Or really, any character created by Jean Passannante.

Tangie Hill was a masterpiece compared to May Marisi, cigarette girl/international spy (or wtf ever.)

• Members

Seriously. I can see why someone might, say, hate Sami Brady in her current incarnation. But with the rich history she's had on the show from the 90s to the 2000s I can't ever see anyone name her the WORST character created in daytime history.

If I'm sticking to Days, I'd throw out Willow Stark -- a completely useless retread of Jan Spears or Alex North. Runner-up might be Bonnie Lockhart, though she amused me and was partly useful, once she became saddled with Mickey it bordered on disgusting.

• Members

Thats one aspect of Anna's AMC history Im glad is never referenced and I cant beleive they made him her brother. He was awful. I cant even remember where the name Dog Boy came fronm. Was he called that on the show or was it a pure fan nickname?

Definetly and it dillutes the purpose of this thread

Randi was HARDLY the worst character in daytime or AMC. She was just played by a horrible actress but the character itself was not that bad and didnt do anything to warrant that title. The concept behind her was solid enough and she didnt have god awful stories. She mainly populated the background and didnt destroy anything or come across offensive. I think some of the worst characters do. Randi was mainly just there

• Members

In terms of poorly conceived, I think Dog Boy is hands down the worst!

I'd replace Ryan Lavery with Zach Slater, but agree otherwise.

ITA! Krystal and Babe both took up too much airtime and were rewritten to be "good" no matter what they did.

ICAM! I hate how simplistic AMC & OLTL became with the ubervillains versus the uberheroes. Give me shades of gray any day over that [!@#$%^&*].

I had blocked her out. She was annoying but not as much as the Careys, Zach or Dog Boy to me.

I can't think of anyone worse than Babe & Krystal in the 1990s! Can you elaborate?

Kit was a huge mistake because so much of Jack & Travis' backstory revolved around her death. I also thought it was ridiculous how the guy who rescued her had that room filled with Kit Fisher dolls, just bad storytelling all around, imo.

Yup!

I didn't mind Sydney, probably because she was on so briefly.

ICAM! Randi wasn't a great character by any means, and it felt like Pratt dusted off scripts from Chuck & Donna's early years for her and Frankie, but she wasn't offensive at all.

Archived