Worst created character in daytime history

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lord knows I'm not the biggest Lesli Kay fan, but I must hand it to her for literally willing Molly into being a worthwhile character. In other hands, Ms. Conlan would have been tossed on the scrap heap with the rest of ATWT's forgotten short-term villains.

• Members

I think it was Marlena de la Croix (maybe) who said Lesli seemed so much like an old school soap actress. I don't think the character reached her best until the pairing with Jake (I liked them a lot), but she really did make a lot of [!@#$%^&*] work. I still remember that footprint she lugged around everywhere.

• Members

Kim, Ryan's Hope. I loathed everything about this vile brat of a character, especially the bizarre decision to constantly remind us of what a fantastic actress/singer/dancer she was (entirely offcamera). She hijacked the show and it was never the same.

• Members

I've always seen Kimberly as a sort of compromise on Labine & Mayer's part. Clearly, ABC wanted someone on RH who was young and glam, so that's what L&M gave them. Unfortunately, aside from the "Mildred Pierce"-ish plot with Rae and Michael Pavel, the show never knew at all what to do with her.

• Members

To me it wouldn't be somebody whose name we remember -- like someone mentioned the Hunter storyline on ATWT and I was totally watching ATWT during the time that character would have been on and I have no recollection of him or what he looks like or anything. It would be somebody who flopped so badly that the audience completely forgot him/her.

Archived