DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I think there was some basic potential with Chad as a DiMera, especially given his friendship with Will, but all that was dropped, and Will's only contact with the DiMeras is his patented drunken smirks at EJ. I thought Casey had some potential when he first came on, in the story with Mia, but since then it's been a waste.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He didn't. EJ did. This was during the first half of 2007 when EJ was the mastermind behind everything. Andre was in prison and Stefano was in a hospital in Italy. Yet when they came back to Salem, Lexie's imprisonment was blamed on Andre. It was one of the many times when the writers thought that the best way to redeem EJ was to ignore and pretend he didn't do some of those crimes.

• Members

Wasn't it "Tony" who was apart of everything and EJ was just along for the ride? I remember EJ just being the public face, with Andre/Tony -- whoever it was, was the one who was really in charge. Which was why EJ and Samantha were constantly getting death threats during early 07' after EJ "defied his father" and wouldn't give them the babies stem cells.

• Members

That was in the summer when Andre and Stefano had returned and Sheffer was going to tell the Brady/DiMera feud. But his original DiMera story is what we saw before that. When EJ was the mastermind. He wanted EJ and Philip to be the new generation of villains. Andre (who was still Tony at the time) was in prison. And Sheffer only wanted Stefano back short-term in 2006 but Joe only wanted to come back if he was given a contract.

• Members

I've somewhat enjoyed MarDar, but I'm not into DAYS much anymore. Still watching, but I find it sooo boring. The Lexie story is the only enjoyable one. I think Billie's story has potential, but she doesn't have enough screentime. I wouldn't mind seeing them pair Billie with EJ instead of that boring stuff with Daniel. Then the stuff with Gabi is snoozeworthy, Austin and Carrie aren't interesting with the rushed Abby story over and Abby/Cameron's insta!romance is snoozeworthy as well. Will's story is good when we see it (which isn't often) and poor Lucas isn't doing enough. I do like Kate and Stefano, but this story feels under developed. They spent too much time focusing on Ian's relationship with Madison when they should've been developing a triangle with Ian/Kate/Stefano which is clearly the intention. He should've been Madison's father, end of story.

If this is the type of material they're giving, I don't expect a good May sweeps and I'm starting to see why they got fired. My guess is that NBC wasn't pleased with their initial stories and made them wrap them up and do a mini-reset, but this current stuff is boring as hell. Maggie, Bope (who I hate), Victor, Marlena, John and Nicole are all being wasted either with no story or bad story.

• Members

Yeah what the heck happened to Billie? The balance is pretty bad and not all that consistent. She should be appearing at least 3 times a week. I cant beleive she hasnt interacted with Kate since her split with Stefano weeks ago. Like is she still living at the mansion? Most likely not, but we should have seen this addressed on screen. Id also have loved to have seen her confront Stefano. What about her status at CW? Did Sami fire her as well or did she quit and follow Kate? Or is she still working there? Oh and she STILL hasnt reunited with Jenn, Jack or Carrie

• Members

Yeah it makes no sense that they didn't feature Billie during all of that. Where is she living? And why would they throw them out of the house at the beginning of this story with Billie snooping? And it's like they completely forgot she had anything to do with Countess W. I just give up where Jenn and Carrie are concerned lol. I wonder if the new writers will be as uninterested in Billie as MarDar seem. If she's written off as well I may stop watching. Billie, Carrie and Austin are a big reason I've been enjoying the show.

• Members

It's so bizarre, watching the scene of Bo, Hope, Doug & Julie rescuing Lexie from the tunnels, how while the show was very clearly crap during this period, and yet I was thoroughly intrigued the entire time (even with the unintentionally hilarious cries from below), and it struck me just how much more natural the dialogue was at this time, something that was lost at some point during Higley's run.

MarDar don't bug me until someone points out the holes in their storytelling, and then I get infuriated. At the very least, they're succeeding in making things seem less sloppily written, even if they are. Small victories!

Archived