DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some would say that it's down to fan backlash, as many fans were confused and repulsed by the story. I think that MarDar just had little interest in Maggie or Victor, and Daniel was sent off because the fans were repulsed by the so-called triangle with Jack and Jennifer.

• Members

My biggest quibble with all that is STILL that they made Maggie and Daniel related and didn't even bother to tell a story. If it had turned into even a simple story, with Maggie pushing Daniel too hard, Melanie taking her father's side, and a rift developing between Melanie and Maggie as a result -- at least Maggie could have gotten 2-3 months of real story out of that, instead of two weeks of "I'm not ready to accept you as my mother... oh okay!" and then vanishing.

• Members

I love that EJ sees right through Nicole's lie and hasnt backed down from it. I wish she would just tell him the truth and admit it bc its so obvious she's lying

LMAO at EJ's face when Nicole gave him her conditions

Cameron's father revealed?

Jay_Leno1.jpg

• Members

He mentioned that in several interviews after his return. He said the show wanted to give his character a rest and retool him. Its possible that when he left they used the movie as a smoke screen who knows. As for Ashford being MIA I believe he did have another project but that's no excuse for jack and Jennifer still being MIA.

• Members

I think SC was aware of how hated daniel was and used the leave and return as a way to resell the character.

Timeframe wise, it just doesnt add up. He was off screen, when, jan-feb basically? Writing him off then took place in Sept right at the start of dan/jen/jack starting.

Who knows for sure tho.

• Members

This. I see no change. He's still going after Roberts' women. I guess he and Melanie aren't obsessed with each other anymore.

I'm only on Wednesdays episode so I just had to comment on the ridiculousness of the town square now being a movie theater as well. At this point, I'm missing the pier.

• Members

I'm not even kidding, that pier with the ringing-bell of the pier harbor for me SCREAMS Classic Days in a way that Horton Square just does not. However, I get why Horton Square is used -- it makes sense that everybody would go to the coffee shop as opposed to lurking around a badly-lit pier.

This Stefano story really has me worried. As in "We're writing Stefano and Joe Mascolo off the show" worried.

EJ and Nicole still have scads of chemistry. And I really like Sami now, weirdly. I love how Lucas is her sounding board. And I was never really crazy about Lucas before. I am ready for Sami vs. Kate!

It's too bad Rafe & Carrie are a no-go because I do think they have chem.

The Lexie scenes are heart-rending. I just wish the real Celeste was around, you know? I can't emotionally invest in the pain of nu-Celeste and her insta-son just yet.

• Members

Tanya Boyd is seriously missed. Beverley Todd is okay, she's just not Celeste to me. I really don't care much for the guy that plays Cameron.

Renee Jones was just amazing. I hope she submits herself for an emmy next year. This storyline has been hard, as I had to deal with my grandma passing away last November who discovered she had terminal cancer with only weeks to live. She ended up passing away a month after she found out she had cancer. I think the writing for Lexie has been spot on. She's obviously coming to terms that she's dying, but also wants to remain strong for her loved ones. That is exactly what my grandma did as well.

Archived