GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care about Hope, I just care that they had to do some stunt death for a child for no apparent reason other than more of Michael making doe eyes. If your character is so destroyed that random kids need to die for people to feel sympathy for you, then it's time to go. It also gives the idea that RC just has no real stories to tell.

• Members

So, we've had explosions, car crashes, gunplay and three deaths all in five episodes. Tell me, again, Daytime Confidential, why RC and Valentini are godsends when it feels like Guza and Phelps have simply come back from vacation?

A child we met five minutes ago. I have no connection to these dead people.

• Members

As a OLTL fan I find this disrespectful. I HATED when ATWT killed off several MAJOR Another World characters and I never watched that show! It's so unfair to the fans of that show. Why not just send these characters back to their original town when the story ends? It's not like you're going to have a big, splashy AW/OLTL funeral for them or anything. In this case we know at least Hope will be alive, but how long will we wait to find out? If it's a long time, then I don't wanna watch Starr grieving or falling in love with Michael instantly. There is also NO WAY she'd stay in Port Charles when her huge family is in Llanview. She's not even 21 yet.

On OLTL Carlivati killed all of Jessica and Natalie's love interests (and both of Jess' baby daddies) and now Starr's daughter AND baby daddy? Just in the context of GH, we had to deal with Jake last year and this is just as bad IMO. We watched Starr grow up and this is the daughter of an important family. Nobody wants to watch a child die, let alone repeatedly in a silly story. I don't care that she may eventually be alive.

I was feeling confident, but I was still worried about Carlivati's take on GH. I now see I had reason to worry. I know many were worried he'd turn it into OLTL-lite, but I figured it would be a different kind of stupidity and I was right.

Archived