GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

Finola's performance is odd to me - part of it is down to the usual poor editing which assumes viewers have ADD. The only part I was into was when she was watching Anna and Emma. Tristant Rogers did a good job overall, sometimes it felt fake, sometimes not.

I thought KA did a decent job today. I have to admit I laughed a little every time Duell kept pursing his lips. It still seems like Starr is an afterthought in the story.

For some reason this Kate looked like Barbara Garrick today.

The Patrick/Epiphany scene was the highlight of the episode. Not sure why more care was taken on this than on parents mourning their child, but maybe they're big Sonya Eddy fans.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought I was the only one who thought of Vimal when Helena mentioned her discreet laboratory, lol.

Really loved this episode, overload of emotional scenes so it was tough to take everything in at once, esp. Robert learning about Robin's death. On a side note, Patrick/Epiphany really got to me.

• Members

You know what I'd love to see if Ron decides to bring the Qs back to their full glory? Brook Lynn being recast with Amanda Setton (formerly of OLTL/recurring on GG) in the role. While Adrienne Leon was fine as BK, I much preferred her as Colleen 2.0 on Y&R. Setton would definitely breathe new life into the Qs as BK, IMO.

• Members

From KA's Twitter

Sole fans-Trust me,I LOVE&will miss Starr&Cole.But don't blame @carlivatiron ,Not his fault that both of our Cole actors r unavailable lol

I know this is a tragic storyline,but it's VERY well written.There're great obstacles&triumphs ahead for Starr to encounter. #sry4starrsloss

Thank you for being constantly supportive. I just wanted to help ease the pain by telling you "business" wise why Cole isn't..well alive.lol

• Members

There was a perfectly valid reason to have Cole offcamera without killing him.

I don't expect her to say anything else, she's just toeing the line, but the only reason to kill the character off is shock value.

• Members

Uhhh..., If they wanted Cole, they'd have Cole. But that would be a transplant story opposed to an integrated one. I don't think it has anything to do with either Cole's availability. They just want to put Starr with Michael, as simple as that.

• Members

Yea but they could've done a triangle for a while and had Cole lose or something or go back to jail. Besides, Van Hughes made it sound like Cole wasn't dead. It's not like KA can flat out say that. Interesting she didn't say anything about Hope, though. That's where I have the biggest issue with it.

I think Cole dying and her having a new love of her life as an adult vs. her teen years with Cole is supposed to juxtapose Robin with Stone and Patrick, especially since they both grew up on their respective shows.

• Members

If that was the idea then I don't know how well it came across, as the two stories seemed so distant from each other. To someone who doesn't know her, Starr would just be nothing other than a twit who fell down and is Michael's latest salvation.

• Members

I agree that they definitely could have done a triangle at first, but a. that's probably not "shocking" enough of an entrance in their eyes, they want to start with a "bang", and b. here's where I can believe that the actor wasn't available and they opted in any event not to recast. I too believe that he and Hope will be back, I just wonder what kind of cockamamie story they'll come up with.

• Members

Just my theory given the timing of Robin's demise and Starr's entrance

Oh I'm sure they always planned on the stunt but if I were to defend RC's choice to do so, I would've said "It's not like he could do a triangle since Van was doing Broadway."

Archived