• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kelley is still formidable.

Usually recurring stuff like this is often a precursor to a regular role, so I hope it works out for her. And say what we will about Dick Wolf but he always employs NY soap people (Alana de la Garza is on there as well, I believe).

• Members

Dick Wolf has, at one point or another, employed both soap and theater folks in the greater New York area. LOL!

I even recall, and this is WAY back, the late Benjamin Hendrickson getting a guest turn as a defense attorney on original recipe Law & Order, around 1991-ish. (Ironically, it was the same episode that first featured Jerry Orbach - a season before he would become a regular as Det. Lennie Briscoe (Season 3).)

In the episode with Hendrickson, he played another defense attorney named Frank Lehrman. It was funny/weird to see him on the lawyer side of the show! (The episode was "Wages of Love" from Season 2, the show's answer to the Betty Broderick case, which occurred in 1989.)

As you point out, there are many more.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Fyi, FBI International is a Dick Wolf show that's primarily filmed in Hungary.  The premise of the series is that it's an FBI team based in Budapest that works with a Europol liaison to solve crimes all over Europe, if the cases involve American citizens. Each episode begins at the Budapest office and then the team receives a case and travels there to solve it.  So the show goes to other European cites for some of the location shots.

Miranda Wilson (DAYS Megan Hathaway) was in an October 2022 episode of FBI International that was set in Majorca(Mallorca), and it was filmed on location there because she has Majorca pics from August 2022 on her IG.

Last night (Jan. 10, 2023)'s episode was set in Belgrade Serbia, but I don't know how much (if any) was filmed there, or if it was all filmed in Hungary.

So this is a cool opportunity for Kelley Missal, whether it's just a few episodes or if it continues.

• Members

Last year, there was a new nighttime soap on ABC, which got cancelled partway through its first season, and the first season finished up only on Hulu.  It was not renewed after that.
"The Promised Land", about a Mexican-American family who owns a California vineyard and winery.

New series on Freeform "The Watchful Eye" debuts Jan. 30, 2023.
It stars Mariel Molino (Carmen Sandoval from "The Promised Land")
and Henry Joseph Samiri (Douglas Forrester from B&B).

(Remember Henry took some time off from B&B in summer 2022 and Douglas was temporarily recast. That was when Henry was in Canada filming The Watchful Eye).

Picture and biography of Mariel Molino from ABC's page for The Promised Land:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220806023416/https://abc.com/shows/promised-land/cast/mariel-molino

Blurb and trailer for The Watchful Eye:
https://deadline.com/2023/01/the-watchful-eye-freeform-series-trailer-1235219269/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

This is kind of old now but I just learnt about it, apparently Kimberly McCullough is a mentor of Olivia Rodrigo's and wore her Emmy dress in a Good Morning America performance. A family heirloom that was gifted to her by director/actress Franchesca James the day they shot the scenes where Stone died.

• Members

I had no idea they were connected at all! I'm so glad Kimberly's directing career seems to be going very well.

Meanwhile: A very candid Sarah Michelle Gellar cover story. AMC is only mentioned in passing, though to her credit SMG has always repped for it hardcore a la Julianne Moore. @DRW50