ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well...here I am binging Season 3 of YOUNGER at the moment and was trying to figure out a character's name and I just realized that Jay Wilkison (Riley OLTL) is also in this episode playing a potential love interest for Hilary Duff's character. 

I used to love me sum Riley something fierce back in the day so warms my heart that he's still acting. 

• Members

My understanding is writers, not just HWs, still make plenty on the soaps. I can't fault folks like MVJ, Mulcahey, etc. for riding the terrible stories on B&B out til the wheels fall off. For that money and security you'd probably have to pry me out of there with the Jaws of Life.

Edited by Vee

• Members

She looks amazing. I hate when people say this but she's hardly aged. She looks maybe 5 years older and it's been 20. Maurice jokes about Michael trying to take him down for cheating with Nina but forgiving him for killing AJ. Neither of them remember hardly anything about their stories.

• Members

Amber Tamblyn (ex-Emily, GH) and her husband David Cross have supporting roles as a “warring couple” in Nicole Holofcener’s latest, You Hurt My Feelings, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Tobias Menzies. It just premiered at Sundance and is getting good reviews. I like Holofcener’s movies a lot:

https://deadline.com/2023/01/you-hurt-my-feelings-sundance-film-festival-review-julia-louis-dreyfus-shines-again-in-nicole-holofceners-witty-and-honest-comedy-1235237978/

• Members

well tbf, writing has always been profitable in the entertainment industry in terms of soaps and primetime. As long as they take your script of course. A consistent job, too. 

It was one of the reasons I was interested back in the day when the networks had their writing programs. 

• Members

Christine Baranski on "Here comes the sun" (a CBS news Sunday morning show).
This show usually has two different unrelated segments, but they alternate pieces of the segments.

For this episode, the first few minutes are wasted on showing pieces of what airs a few minutes later.

Just start at 2:12 and you can skip that.

Christine's actual interview is on from 2:12 to 11:40, then it pauses.
(Then the show does a a completely unrelated segment about interior design.)
Then from 19:40 through the end is the rest of Christine's interview.

She talks about meeting and marrying and raising children with Matthew Cowles (AMC's Billy Clyde Tuggle).

Edited by janea4old