ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Billy Miller played a villain on the NCIS episode of October 31.  I had the episode on in the background and I was doing household chores, so I wasn't really watching. But then I knew his voice was familiar, so I checked and it was him, so I watched.  He seemed believable.

Carolyn Hennesy is *still* a soap actor (GH Diane). 
Just noting here that she guested as the Secretary of the Navy on the NCIS episode of November 14. Her portrayal seemed a bit camp which took me out of the scenes, but the entire episode was written kind of spoofy.

Anthony Turpel (formerly RJ from B&B) guested on Nov. 7 episode of Quantum Leap.  He played one of a group of teens that had been sent to an abusive detention camp "school" for wayward youth.  He did a good job. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

All Rise, Season Three - multiple episodes for most of the season:  
Sean Blakemore (formerly Shawn Butler of GH) plays smarmy wealthy attorney André Armstrong who once dated lead character Judge Lola Carmichael many years ago, and he is now trying to seduce her.  The character is written as an intelligent and hot guy who knows it, LOL.
Sean Blakemore looks amazing and does great in the role.

I just hate that they made Season Three about a soap love triangle between Lola, her husband Robin and her ex Andre, and gave less emphasis to the legal drama that the show is supposed to be about.  The whole storyline makes Lola look vulnerable and stupid, and that's not who Lola is.

All Rise, Season Three, episode 2: Olivia Rose Keegan (formerly Claire Brady on DAYS). She guested for one episode  in a legal case – her character is a person who thrives on social media attention, but is the victim of a crime.  She did great in the role, which was basically an extreme version of Claire Brady.

Update on DAYS: Carver and Jules -
The twin children of Eli Grant and Lani Price-Grant:

Twins Veda and Bali Singh both played Julia "Jules" Harriet Grant in a December 2021 episode.
Twins Dion and Raegan Yancy both played a recast Jules in a July 2022 episode.

Twin sisters Arya and Wynter Wells both play Carver Malcolm Grant.
They appeared in DAYS episodes of December 2021 and July 2022.

Writing here because of the Wells twins:

All Rise, Season Three: twins Arya and Wynter Wells (baby Carver Grant on DAYS
portray "Bailey" on All Rise. Bailey is the daughter of the lead character Judge Lola Carmichael and her husband Robin Taylor.  Several cute and funny episodes.

According to the twins instagram account ("thewellstwinz"), the Wells twins appear in Episode 6 of the Netflix Dahmer series as baby Tony Hughes.  This is not a series I watch, so I can't verify it, but their instagram is usually reliable.

• Members

I'm making my way through the final season of Dead to Me on Netflix and a number of former soap stars appear. Valerie Mahaffey (Ashley, The Doctors) reprises her role as Christina Applegate's mother-in-law. Jason-Shane Scott (Will, One Life to Live) appears as a shirtless guy running down the beach in the first episode. And Nicolas Coster appears in the fourth episode as the father of James Marsden's character. Strangely, Scott's name appears in the closing credits even though he doesn't have any lines, while Coster, who has some lines in a memorable scene with Applegate, goes uncredited.

• Members

The lack of credit was surprising to me, especially since Scott got one for running shirtless on a beach. (You barely see Scott's face.) Coster is shown in a wheelchair. I'm still making my way through this season's episodes so I'm not sure if the wheelchair is part of the plot or if he actually uses a wheelchair. The ever wonderful Frances Conroy portrays his wife.

Edited by robbwolff