2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

im really upset about conforti!!! one of the best imo and wald too!! this is huge. were still getting cohen and hall right? two of amc's best scripters and sickles is one of my faves!! wow alot of changes at GH. are these people leaving cause guza is no longer there or is this a carlivati move??

• Members

GH sucked so bad; they need to retire the entire old writing staff. RC and FV should be given complete autonomy. They are the only true talents in daytime. In 11 or 12 RC episodes they made GH watchable for the first time in a decade. The way they are weaving in Starr/Todd is absolutely brilliant especially given how quickly they took over GH. Sure they will make mistakes but hiring fresh script writers is a good move.

• Members

From what some have said over the years the problem with GH was the headwriter, not the scriptwriters.

OLTL had flat dialogue under RC (and the "cute" dialogue often crashed to the floor), so I'm not sure if that's something which needs to be brought over.

• Members

Phelps and Guza sucked; they drove GH into the ground. Guza had a few good years after Labine because she had run out of steam and the show as plodding along. But once his mob [!@#$%^&*] kicked into high gear, the show was unwatchable. I hope Valentini sends all the old writers packing.

• Members

Yes, but do his writers necessarily mean they shared his view or are bad writers? OLTL was unwatchable for much of 2009 and 2010, yet some of those writers are being brought over to GH. Will lines like "my heart has a hole the size of the moon" bring back GH glory days?

• Members

OLTL's dialogue was very stilted and could be hokey at times. GH's scriptwriters should stay (except for Dave Kreizman).

Oh and WTF at that piece of dog doo still being employed! This is one of the reasons soaps are dying. All the shows are just recycling the same 15 people to write them all.

• Members

garin wolf has been writing soaps since 1983, conforti since 1986. It's time for them to take a break. OLTL script writers were a good mix of newer people like Sickles who is very good and Courtney Simon who is also very good. Every show has bad dialog at times. But Conforti and Wolf loved that mob [!@#$%^&*] too and they needed to go.

• Members

Its time for some fresh writers I am not sure if its because these writers cost a lot or what it seems to me they need something different. Maybe it will be for the best who knows they can always ask them back. I'm sick of Korte, Wolf & Conforti (Shelly Altman hasn't impress me much) for me GH script writers are quite stale my pet peeve (among others) are the excessive mentioning of Sonny & Jason's name in dialog so much by other characters is a real tune out for me yet they won't stop doing it. They pimp hard in their dialog they needed to go.

Archived