2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In my opinion, DOOL had its best week in years, since Brash/Cwickly tenure regarding acting/writing/sets/directing wise last week (except for Nicole's outfit and makeup). I feel like when Im watching the show lately that the team is adding layers and layers and bringing the show back to life. It was so dead, so bad for so long that it's hard to imagine how they are doing it. Richard Culliton's Monday and Thursday scripts were amazing; he was able to make the cheesy group military therapy scenes work so well and who ever cast those roles did an amazing job. I hope they keep him on staff although it seems like they are phasing him and the wife out. The new dialog writers are okay but not as seasoned or articulate.

I hope the show goes down with some re-established class. I realized while watching this week's episodes and the opening/closing credits that the show really is a relic from a bygone era. I think everyone should watch this show out of respect for the dead daytime genre.

Thanks, Greg Meng and staff for working so hard to make it better. It's not Guiding Light circa 1993 but it's better than the three remaining shows on the air.

• Administrator

GH:

- Jill Farren Phelps last listed as Executive Producer on January 31

- Frank Valentini first listed as Executive Producer on February 1

So GH only tapes 3 weeks in advance since Frank's first day on set was January 9. I bet that's going to change and Frank will use the OLTL taping method to tape far in advance. Also, the opening credits fonts has changed - it looks like font OLTL used. I kinda liked GH's yellow font for "Created By," "Executive Producer," "Written By," and "Directed By" while the names are in white.

• Members

i agree about salmons, i wanted her too and i thought simon was a shoe in considering she wrote the show before but, sickles is a very good scriptwriter, elizebeth page i can take her or leave her but why in the hell david rupel??? just keep passante AWAY!!!

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Victor Gialanella first listed as Associate Head Writer on February 9

Interesting that he was in the 3rd BDW listed because DAYS usually list the writers in order of arrival.

Larry was first directed in December.

Archived