Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

Really? I know that was his last script, but he's stil in the international credits. So he's not in the NBC credits?

He stopped appearing in the credits after 12/14 on NBC. Those are the credits I go by since I usually watch the NBC feed unless there's a preemption, then I use SoapNet credits as a backup.

Toups, forgot to mention to you, I've finished research on the "monthly" credits checks, and I now have a complete database of monthly credits for pretty much every month since 1982, as well as a comple writer/director list for 1965-1981. So, sometime later this year, I'll be releasing the full crew database on my site. As a fan of credits yourself, I hope you'll be anticipating the end result as much as me!

He stopped appearing in the credits after 12/14 on NBC. Those are the credits I go by since I usually watch the NBC feed unless there's a preemption, then I use SoapNet credits as a backup.

Newman was just taken off the international credits on Monday. But I'll go by the NBC credits for him.

Toups, forgot to mention to you, I've finished research on the "monthly" credits checks, and I now have a complete database of monthly credits for pretty much every month since 1982, as well as a comple writer/director list for 1965-1981. So, sometime later this year, I'll be releasing the full crew database on my site. As a fan of credits yourself, I hope you'll be anticipating the end result as much as me!

That's amazing! You know I can't wait to see that. I'm a credits junkie. LOL

B&B:

- Michele Val Jean first listed as Script Writer on January 16

- Colleen Bell first listed as Associate Producer on January 16

Is Colleen, Brad's wife? Or is she a blood-Bell?

Yep, that's his wife.

Bill named Y&R's Colleen after her.

Thanks, Alviln.

how was her first script at B&B? could anyone tell a difference in the dialouge?

Couldn't tell. But that's me, I can't tell the difference between all the B&B script writers.

and that's a shame cause B&B really does have the best scripters on daytime! brad bell probably makes them write out of a certain dictionary!! what a waste

and that's a shame cause B&B really does have the best scripters on daytime! brad bell probably makes them write out of a certain dictionary!! what a waste

Some HWs like to have the dialogue 'stylized' so all scripts sounded the same, or the way people talk, or the way tags are written - there was a certain structure to dialgoue. I know Jim Reilly was that way and I think Bill Bell was too. Then there are other HWs like Bob Guza who give a lot of freedom to his SWs.