GH: Discussion for the Month of December

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The kind of character I can’t tolerate is Sam McCall.

She has been propped by nearly every character on GH ever since she arrived, particularly all the males, because she can’t function on her own. The child of two legacy characters was killed in order to justify her current story.

She has screwed and screwed over nearly everybody she has ever spent any time around. She has lived off one wealthy man after another ever since she arrived in Port Charles.

When she got pregnant as a result of screwing a married man, she chose to plunk herself down in an apartment across the hall from him and his wife to get the maximum effect of inflicting herself on them. She spent most of that pregnancy using the baby as a bargaining chip to make the married man and his partner take care of her because she kept threatening to have an abortion, run away, run away and have an abortion, or a variety of other childish threats. When thank heaven the baby was born dead, she suddenly became the most amazing mother ever, whining about her dead bayyyyybeeeeee for years to anybody who was stupid enough to listen to her.

She is a compulsive liar, a thief and a cheat. She is also a twice-convicted prostitute and a con artist who married five different men for their money and then fleeced them. She killed one of her marks when he objected to her stealing his money.

She is incompetent, has no work ethic, and is unable to hold a job. Her current husband bought her a P.I. agency, even though she would not qualify for a license in any jurisdiction I know.

She is extremely vindictive and thinks nothing of striking out against men, women or children. When she does, she makes excuses for her actions rather than taking responsibility. One of her favorite excuses has been that she was having a moment of weakness.

She watched a baby be kidnapped by someone she knew. She did not stop the kidnapper although she could have, she lied to the police when questioned, and then she visited the mother of the kidnapped child to gloat that the baby was dead and now they had a dead child in common. Motivated purely by revenge, she instigated an affair with the husband of the woman whose child she watched be kidnapped.

She is the ultimate whining boo-hoo victim, and yet she is also the ultimate perpetrator.

The kind of character I can’t tolerate is exemplified by Sam McCall.

She has been propped by nearly every character on GH ever since she arrived, particularly all the males, because she can’t function on her own. She has screwed and screwed over nearly everybody she has ever spent any time around. She has lived off one wealthy man after another ever since she arrived in Port Charles.

When she got pregnant as a result of screwing a married man, she chose to plunk herself down in an apartment across the hall from him and his wife to inflict herself on them. She spent most of that pregnancy using the baby as leverage to make the married man and his partner take care of her because she kept threatening to have an abortion, run away, run away and have an abortion, or a variety of other childish threats. When thank heaven the baby was born dead, she suddenly became the most amazing mother ever, whining about her dead bayyyyybeeeeee for years to anybody who was stupid enough to listen to her.

She is a twice-convicted prostitute and a con artist who married five different men for their money and then fleecing them. She killed one of her marks when he objected to her stealing his money.

She is incompetent, has no work ethic, and is unable to hold a job. Her current husband bought her a P.I. agency, even though she would not have qualified for a license in any jurisdiction I know.

She is vindictive and thinks nothing of striking out against men, women or children. When she does, she makes excuses for her actions rather than taking responsibility. One of her favorite excuses has been that she was having a moment of weakness.

She watched a baby be kidnapped by someone she knew. She did not stop the kidnapper although she could have, she lied to the police when questioned and she visited the mother of the kidnapped child to gloat that the baby was dead and now they had a dead child in common.

Motivated by revenge, she instigated an affair with the husband of the woman whose child she watched be kidnapped.

She is the ultimate victim, and yet she is also the ultimate perpetrator.

• Members

May I ask what Sam has to do with this, I don't need to justify why I can't stand the character of Liz. I hate her as much as I hate Jason. I also have no use for Sam or JJ's Lucky or this version of Luke, you know the one I guess I am still supposed to root for, the drunk. I am a balanced hater. The only version of Lucky I have ever liked was GV's and JJ's when he was with Laura. And Lucky was absolutely gutted during that awful Liz and Jason nonsense and I stand by that. And there was canvas full of characters that were damaged as a result including Lulu who typcially sounded like an absolute moron defending Jiz over her brother.

• Members

Lucky wasn't gutted or ruined. None of these pathetic characters on GH was. According to the show since the year of 2006 Maxie "tied up" Lucky and force him spill. The addiction was his fault, he wasn't himself. He was poor delicate Lucky, everyone at to tell woman to go out with him.

Lucky has been a loser since the beginning, since he slept with the Laura look alike.

Lulu is the girl that slept with her so called friend "husband" and she's Lulu aka mini Carly

• Members

Great! Stand by it! You go girl! Wooo hooo!!! Ain't no messin' with badass JaneAusten! No way, Jose! GV's Lucky was ruined for Jiz!

Satisfied?!

Now... can we get out of 2007 and back to December 30, 2011 please and use this thread for current discussion? I come in here thinking we're talking about today's show, which actually had emotional stakes... Noooo... It's a goddamned throwback conversation about a nearly five year old storyline about a character played by an actor who was fired two years ago.

• Members

Sorry, I thought we were talking about characters we hate. I didn't realize the discussion was limited to Elizabeth. My mistake.

I hate Sam the most of any character who is currently on GH, but Carly is a close second. I came to hate Lucky, but that only happened after he died. There are other characters I used to like whom I've come to despise like Luke and Alexis. I liked Patrick at one time, but Robin has sucked the charm out of him and replaced it with dullness.

• Members

Jake's death was poorly done. I think Becky plays grief well, so I did feel for Liz, but the writing was just so pathetic. There was little build up to the boy's death and little fallout for anyone. It's hard to feel a soap child's death when you rarely see the kid or any of the people in his life interacting with him.

Another god awful story. Little build up. Little fall out. It's really shameful when a soap can't make you feel for sick and dying children because they can't write the beats to save their lives. Contrast that to Cassie's death on Y&R, which can make me cry to this day.

• Members

Precisely. He was raised by two immature, petulant brats. When the show opened with him in Kelly's, I immediately said to myself "Oh, god... Michael's pouting again." It's all he ever does. Abby wasn't his girlfriend -- she was his nanny. All she ever did was talk him down about what new thing he was pissy about today.

Archived