OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Normal town? It had the underground city of Eterna beneath it. I dont think its neceasrily her thats the problem but the story in general. It is very out there

As for Mitch, I dont see him as being more normal than her. He was incredibly over the top and campy

• Members

I never knew how Viki was supposed to feel about him. No matter what he did the show still wanted us to think his family adored him.

Meanwhile they still have Viki all but spitting on Tina for much less than Noble Rapist #1 and Noble Rapist #2 ever did.

• Members

The promos for the story - Brody stole John's family!!!! (no mention that John all but threw Natalie and her son out of a moving car and immediately hooked up with Kelly and was far more into Kelly than Natalie for several months) - say it all.

The story has been delayed over and over and that is probably why Brody hasn't taken hostages yet. At this point I just don't care about any of it. I care about Natalie, but that's about it.

• Members

I dunno maybe I made it up in my head but it seemed to me that after a while she just started treating him the same as he treated her...I don't really remember what they discussed during the scene where the broken picture was found, but I do remember TSJTodd inviting her to Sam's party which she never showed up to.

As you've mentioned over the years they really separated Todd from the people he once cared dearly about even under TSJ.

• Members

Roscoe Born could be very restrained sometimes. The worst was the 2003 stuff.

Irene is such a silly role, made up as it goes along, that I'm not sure how it could be played. I guess a longtime soap vet might be able to make it work. It seems like there isn't a lot of middle ground between hamming it up, and phoning it in entirely, as most of OLTL's leading men do.

• Members

It's not my favorite of his characterization but it's felt consistent to me. He and RC are delivering a gentler, tamed, victimized lost puppy... more Paul Ryan than Todd Manning.

Yesterday was the first time I saw RH reach for callous GOOF and I winced. I'll take Todd Ryan any day over the GOOFY, selfish SOB of 2001-2002. Today was another painful reminder of that awful characterization when he would enlist Starr in his criminal plans.

Archived