OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Members

They sort of tried to explain it that at the time of the writing of the will he was for all purposes legally Todd Manning and since Todd never had a chance to legally stop anything since his return it's still Victor's in some way...I dunno, I'm just as confused as everyone.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Sample my weiner" Seriously, thats the first line of the day?

LMAO! Thank you Tina for putting a smile on my face. I LOL when David Vickers shwoed up & peed on Blair. I notice Tina has the same look she sported when she first came back in 2008 though she had better hair back then

Viki still being a bitch to Tina angry.png I thought she missed her and regretted how thigns turned out

"Really Blair, David Vickers hasnt done anything to you that half the men in the town havent done already" LMAO! Im glad Tina is FINALLY interacting with Blair bc they didnt have a single scene last time she was in town. Too bad Dorian is gone

oltl0927111.jpg

my goodness this woman really is hamming it up with her facial expressions

I was checking to see if her wig fell off. That wig is really awful. Worse than the photos

Its obvious that Irene had the will altered. And yes the Sun was his to give. That was all explained earlier in the episode

• Members

While I was not a fan of Irene being alive originally, she definitely adds a lot to the already dysfunctional Lord/Manning family.

Everyone hates Irene

Jack hates Todd and Starr

Blair hates Tina

Viki barely tolerates Tina and towards the end she and Victor barely tolerated eachother

Victor hated Todd

Todd hated Victor

Irene hates everyone.

• Members

You got lost too? I guess someone can just take everything from someone else, and keeping it for 8yrs. makes it all legal, even after the real person returns? I dunno either. wacko.png I can't keep up with all the changes to the soap legal system in Llanview. Like, being "out of jail" entitles known dangers-to-society to barge in wherever they want and nobody, not even the LPD, can do anything to kick them out. biggrin.png

RC got very lost trying to explain how any of this is legal (Viki/Blair's questions). So he finally had that lawyer declare that "if anyone wants to challenge what's in the Will, they can do that later on in Probate." Tea agreed with his wacky legal opinion. Well, alrighty! So, let's all move on like it's totally legal and we are even more powerless against Alistair Stefano Mitch Irene. rolleyes.gif

Maybe it's the dialogue/plot but to me, AE sounds more like Rebecca from Harmony than Tina from Llanview.

• Members

Didn't Irene say what a disappointment Tina was--which is why she left her with Vicki to try to work her out? Of course Tina in the late 70s (Hell, Tina at any time before her last comeback) was WAY less flaky and scattered than she is now...

Ford puts a skip in her step. It must be love...

Poor Bree can't skip worth [!@#$%^&*] I think--they cut away just as she started, cut back just as she gets stuck in the rope and is done.

OK I'll bite, what's the relevence of your video? What am I missing lol...

Was this something cut out of the Canadian simulcast?

• Members

I WANT to like Irene but things just annoy me... How can someone so psychotic have run some secret agency so well for so many years? Is there any rationale explanation why the legit governmen allowed her to walk, possible at all? If she has all these secret connections, etc, why is she so dumb to try to kill Vicki in her house, in daylight, point blank, with maids and others wandering around and the doors open and where everyone can hear?

• Members

Upthread I posted the first part of his TV Archive interview. I can't remember at which point he really gets into OLTL, but he spends time speaking about various actors and members of the creative team. At one point when they're doing the "I say a name, you give me a response" thing, the interviewer mentions Ellen Holly and David Pressman kind of snaps, "What about her?" nbe.jpg I know Ms. Holly didn't speak well of Mr. Pressman's friend, Erika Slezak, but I read the book so long ago (and I loaned it out and never got it back angry.png ) and I don't remember if she talked about him, favorably or unfavorably.

Yeah, I have missed a few episodes, but I was perplexed by why she's walking the streets a free woman.

• Members

That bugged me--I thought Vicki had kinda realized she overeacted, and would at least be a BIT less harsh--especially as she claimed she tried to get a hold of Tina to tell her about Todd's death (I'm refusing to call him Victor).

LOVED having Tina back, but I hope they tone down the cartoonish aspect, which we saw so much of already the last time RC wrote... AE makes it work, but...

Aww :( They cut it out here... Sigh.

• Members

I always thought of Llanview as a more normal town. I know it's a soap town so it has it's share of craziness but the new Irene Manning looks like she belongs on Days of our lives or one of those sitcomes that makes fun of soaps. Her facial expressions and the way she speaks is so over the top. Even Mitch Laurence was a little more normal with the way he spoke and the way he did things (not much.)

Am I the only one who notices this? Yes i know she's a villian but she's comming off as such a phony.

Archived