OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FINALLY is right. This is the first time I've enjoyed any Irene scene. It mined all their complex history from Victor Sr to Tina to the twins... ES sells Viki's outrage so well here... and for the first time the Irene actress put some layers into her performance. She was darn jealous of Victor Sr's love for Victoria... I guess she really IS the new Dorian.

Florencia was back playing the barracuda of Llanview, cold and logical... except that one moment of vulnerability, do you know HARD this is going to be for me, to go through crime scene photos, etc?

So much for RH playing the nobler, HUMAN version of Todd. He's acting like the callous "I am only care about MY pain" dead baby lying SOB I said good riddance to in 2003. I see no evolution here except an insufferable self-righteousness at times.

There's good angst and then there's torture. Natalie and John are now the latter.

Part of me does understand Blair's reasons for this plot to Jack to confess. But mostly I believe she's teaching Jack another bad lesson in "the ends justify the means." It's ok to lie and manipulate your own child, Blair, that is what he'll learn from your plotting... how about sitting down and explaining look I am not sure I believe you after all the lies you've told but stop and consider you may be sending a man to death row here. I would have applauded her confronting Jack with truth in her eyes not lies.

• Members

Thank GAWD Todd's sainthood has come to an end. Love him or hate him, Todd's no saint. I was growing concerned by the kinder/gentler Todd. Is this what we had to replace the loathesome repulsive Victor? No. Just no. I loved Todd today. As usual, I find Flo's performances heartless. All "Watch me act!". Just doesn't do it for me.

I thought John and Natalie were awesome though and Easton was at his best. He dropped the drone whisper and actually had some real inflection in his voice. Maybe I just got sucked in because it was different. John was on a different point in the whole dynamic. Rare occasion, and one that happens more frequently with Natalie than his other wimmins. Usually women are trying to pull the verb forms out of John's mouth with pliers (you can tell I'm a master craftsmen -- is that how you spell pliers/plyers, the tools). They're always pressing "Do YOU (insert active verb of choice)?" and they get that strained unpleasant expression and some unsatisfactory deflection to the question. But here we had John in his peculiarly weak and ineffective way actually trying to form words with his mouth and Natalie kept rushing in to answer for him. If conversation were sex, Natalie is a crockblocker. His frustration was hilarious and sad all at the same time.

As for Blair? She is brilliant. Jack is in a crucial phase of his "becoming" who he's going to be. Blair is hopeful/confident that there is a conscience buried inside her son and she's trying to force him to find it. Paren's all too often rush in to show the way when it is better to just facilitate. On the surface facilitation may look like manipulation but they have different end goals.

• Members

Well, we agree the kindler, gentler Todd is for the birds. But today I saw shades of the GOOFY SOB again and I was NOT amused at any sign of RH regressing to that SILLY dancing fool again.

The only Todd I ever found utterly repulsive was cold as ice "get rid of IT" dead baby liar.

Wow we are polar opposites, I thought Flor was quite restrained today while RH was bouncing off the walls waving watch ME act. I saw little difference today between him and JPL at times today. Same goofy see I am so funny crap that drives me up the walls

ME and MA were good today... but this is no longer good ANTSY material but a repetitive torturous dance done too many times. RC needs to make a breakthrough fast for Jolie as they are working this fan's very last nerve.

Lying and playing your child would be considered brilliant for an infamous con artist like Blair.

End goals? A rose by any other name is still a rose... the last thing Jack needs is more parents proving him to the ends justify the means.

She could be honest and tell Jack I don't know what RH's Todd did with that gun, and that freaks me out because then I have to go through another "execution" of the father of my children. She could SHARE some honest fears and appeal to Jack's conscience THAT way.

Archived