ABC hopes 'The Chew' can win over daytime viewers

• Members

So the ratings would have to drop 50% in order to make much of a difference. If it gets to the point where a show gets less then a million viewers what's the point of even trying? I doubt anyone would even care at that point.

I can't believe The Chew is getting a full eight months.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even though I have little interest in a cooking show, I think the Chew sounds far more interesting than the Revolution. And to me, it seems easier and quicker to produce because the Revolution sounds like the producers have to follow people for a year (for weight loss) and then show the results. Way too much set up time there.

• Members

I agree with you about The Revolution. I really think it'll fail before TC for just that reason. Not wishful thinking on my part just my guess. I like cooking shows but honestly I get my entire cooking show fix from PBS: America's Test Kitchen, Mexico with Rick Bayless, Cooking with Ming, Primal Grill... That's why I find it funny when people say that since we have the Food Network no one will watch another cooking show. PBS clearly didn't get that memo.

• Members

The Revolution premieres in January, correct? And each episode follows one person for a YEAR, correct? Doesn't that mean that they would have had to have started filming this show by at least last JANUARY? Not that it's any surprise, but that just proves that the cancellations were decided months ahead of time. And that also means that in March, when Suzy Lucci was going around saying that AMC wasn't going to be cancelled, because Frons told her so, that Frons really had lied to her face. :(

I know we've known all this in our minds all along, but actually piecing it together makes it more sad. :(

• Members

I thought the cancellations were decided years ago at least thats what I keep hearing that Brian Frons has been on a death march for years. Forget that ATWT, GL , and Passions were all cancelled in the past 3 years also. Or at least thats the story soap fans now are telling themselves.

I don't blame Lucci for believing Frons and I am frustrated that people are now saying she could have spoken up years ago and what were all of us doing except continuing to support these shows too right yet it was Susans responsibility to speak up?

Wasn't the story when AMC was moved it was to avoid cancellation at that time and if that was the case, AMC did get another year plus on ABC as a result. ANd no I don't believe it was decided overnight but I also don't believe Brian Frons was on some sort of I hate Soap campaign, he just like Barbara Bloom, Ken Corday, and Sony are just bad execs and showrunners. And if he was shame on all of us for enabling his decisions for all these years.

How shocking since this is now ABC has written their female characters on their soaps for the most part for years.

• Members

I just hate how that The Chew looks so cheap. It doesn't matter to me if it suceeds or fails because OLTL and AMC are over either way. I just wish that ABC cared about daytime. On the otherhand, this is the age of cable and the internet, so it's not like any of us will be hurting for better options.

• Members

Although I predict all three shows are likely to fail, I actually think ABC has moderately high expectations for Chew. On the other hand, it appears that the network has Bush-like expectations for Revolution, while having Obama-like expectations for Katie. Ironically, I think Katie is the show with the least chance of succeeding.

Archived