ABC hopes 'The Chew' can win over daytime viewers

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Scotty. This going to be a disaster and I can't wait to see how it plays out. This show seems lame. DUH they have 24 hour cooking channels Just watch those.ABC = idiots. They better get daytime shows lined up for fall of 2012, they are going to need it

Oh but they got time to watch and an hour of cooking and learning tips that we could learn on the Food channel

• Members

Oh man, this is really turning into a farce now. Just pure comedy. The crazy fans are hounding them, but they're rebuttals are so weak and lame.

I'm not gonna hope for this show's failure, but [!@#$%^&*], some things are just destined.

And I can't take an article seriously when it gets basic facts wrong:

For me, it all boils down to ABC never lifting a finger to update these damn soaps and make them viable. You can't put a Pinto on the road and expect it to get your ass anywhere.

• Members

The Chew is very likely going to end up as a massive failure. The same statement holds true for AMC and OLTL as internet soaps. However, there is a huge double-standard here: When the latter statement is made, one is immediately labeled a "disgruntled P&G soap fan who is bitter that his soaps didn't get saved." On the other hand, I have yet to see anyone at SON label those who predict (and even openly wish that) The Chew will fail as "disgruntled AMC & OLTL viewers." There is no excuse for this type of hypocrisy.

I understand that my "sore loser" attitude is very upsetting to AMC and OLTL fans. However, if there is anything worse than a sore loser, it is a sore winner: somebody who has already won the war (you folks succeeded in saving your beloved Nixon soaps), yet still remains bitter in spite of the victory. (In this instance, it seems that there is a large segment here that never misses a chance to piss on ABC, even though they were willing--unlike P&G--to license their soaps to another company.) Bitterness is a perfectly normal human emotion (if one is a loser), but I simply cannot understand how anyone could be bitter if that person came out a winner.

• Members

the Chew just looks awful.

The promos are cringeworthy, their cooking tips comes off as condescending to anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes in the kitchen. (Really...chicken costs less than lobster?)

I might not read every single tread on this board but you really do come off as a disgruntled P&G fan in every post and not because I see other posters calling you that but because you yourself call you that. Sorry but I do not see this double standard that you speak of.

Archived