ABC hopes 'The Chew' can win over daytime viewers

• Members

I wonder. I actually think it will be very hard for these shows to truly fail, sort of like "The Talk". I doubt they will be hits by any stretch, but I tend to think expectations will be very low. If one of these shows manages to have truly dismal ratings that require it to be pulled from the schedule, will it even matter to anyone other than the people employed by the show? ABC will just keep replacing one cheap show with the next until something gets the minimal number of eyes. I don't think there is any sort of emotional investment here on anyone's part.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You preach it!! Who picked this bitch to be on TV? She got a face for radio. And what's up with that promo of her fryin green tomatoes, talkin about how when she was a girl in the south her gramndma would make them, all the while talking in some uppity northeastern accent? And who does she remind me of? I submit this for your consideration:

Project0.jpg

• Members

I love Italian food and Lidia makes some of the most mouth-watering stuff for me, even if she's "boring", says the short-armed, big-titted, bobble-headed, Bratz doll version of Susan Lucci, Giada DeLaurentiis. Do you watch Master Chef on FOX? Lidia's son Joe is a judge on there. He's a real prick. They did a competition where their moms were the judges and Lidia guest-starred.

• Members

True. Julia Child is basically the mother of all this. I don't like the Food Network because I hate this weird concept that cooking is something worthy of life and death style, cage match competitions. Give me the straight up educational "how to season a wok/truss a chicken/use a chef's knife without needing to call 911" stuff

• Members

Max, I understand what you are saying and it does seems as a bunch of disgruntled AMC/OLTL fans but what do you expect from a soapsite. Take this conversation somewhere else and it could lean the other way. I happen to like watching food/cooking/decorating (Cake Boss is my show)type shows there is an audience for just about anything, I know my aunt is actually looking forward to the shows since all she has is basic cable and she wants to eat healthier.

I don't know if the Chew is going to fail t but it has just as much of a chance of succeeding. And I think Carla is awesome and I love her natural look.

• Members

She and Clinton Kelly are the only 2 that interest me at all but I like them in their current incarnations. She is great on Top Chef and I love him on What Not to Wear. I think she and her crazy eyes are cute but to each his own.

I was actually as I said intrigued by the show originally, not that I would watch it but I think the promo is very offputting. And they run it ALL THE TIME.

• Members

Chyti, thank you so much for your comments. Your posts are always so rational and well thought out.

I apologize if I have been insensitive to ABC soap fans; at this point in time, emotions are running very high, and I should not expect that those folks will be objective in analyzing these replacement shows. The fact that so many soap viewers are disgruntled is not the major thing that bothers me (and I sure hope that the passionate ABC fans won't suddenly start denying that they are disgruntled, because--by definition--one is disgruntled if he/she is extremely upset over a show's cancellation, and there is nothing shameful about that). Rather, what has really irritated me is that I have been attacked by as a bitter and disgruntled P&G soap fan (which is 100% true) by some ABC soap viewers while those very attackers pretend that they are completely objective (and not at all disgruntled).

Archived