GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I couldn't tell from the article whether he was still on GH at the time. I guess he was - just confused by one of the early sentences.

Beyond the future work in Star Wars, it's also oddly prescient in "geek culture," which only really started to tiptoe around the mainstream in the late '70s, and steadily increased with each decade. It's something I have almost never, ever seen discussed in soap magazines outside of this article. At this point in time soap actors were either talking about husbands/wives/babies, feminism, money saving tips for families, playing guitar, therapy, or the benefits of EST.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

You're welcome. I have a few more articles I found which I'll post here and in the OLTL thread later on this week.

I was interested in looking at the summaries and related articles from the mid to late-80s era of GH. I remember seeing bits and pieces of the show back then during breaks from school, though I don't remember a lot of specifics. Beyond the mainstay characters (i.e., the Q's, Bobbie, Anna, Duke, etc.), it seems like there were a lot of attempts at new characters that didn't end up catching on or inspiring fondly remembered storylines. But it makes for interesting reading about now.

Edited by Dave_01