GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Because let's be honest Ronan wasn't that much of a character in my opinion. The long-lost son of Nina Webster should've had more going for him than generic conflicted hero. 

Too bad Mark Lawson was already on here. I think he would've been a good Lucky too. 

Edited by Forever8

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I still feel it is largely unnecessary to recast Lucky after JJ's return - he proved again there is no one like him, IMO. I think Branson or someone else could work if absolutely needed, but first I'd be certain Jonathan wouldn't rather get something to feed his kids if he doesn't have another Nashville-style opportunity on the way.

It would not take much to get this show on its feet and viable - locking down Vanessa, firing a ton of dead weight, going after Jonathan or getting a strong Lucky recast - but it would, again, require investing in foundational stars bigger than the network's casual neglect and disinterest while they're simply waiting for it to starve and die, and bigger than FV's vision of the show as a budget playground for himself, and neither party wants to do that. So it's going to just slowly die as mediocre at best.

• Members

I feel like Lucky's absence is noticeable.  But even without a recast, casual mentions of him with the kids or being an active parent would help a lot.  I don't understand the show at all.  ME and RH can play multiple characters, but we can't have Vanessa/Brenda or JJ/Lucky?  Perhaps JJ might be a harder get, but VM seems willing and able to make it happen. MB seems onboard.  I can't believe VM is such an outrageous diva that Frank won't even go there.   Maybe both are set.  Las Vegas still airs on the E channel and I think Nashville is in syndication.

• Members

I'll say this much...over the last few days I've greatly enjoyed the discussion in here over Lucky and the history of recasts. Lord I remember when people were totally being recast to be sexier versions of Actor/Actress 1. And they usually fell flat.

That said, it is making me miss Lucky. Ever now that Laura has been back for years. There's another Nik. And Spencer is now back on the canvas. And of course, there are the kids. 

• Members

I liked Greg Vaughan, in spite of the show's best efforts, but I can't think of much value Lucky brought in the '00s or in JJ's second run. Laura became irrelevant due to whatever issues the producers, Luza, ABC, and Genie had, and Tony Geary's loathing of the L&L dynamics overrode any relationship Luke and Lucky had had. I wish they had just had JJ return (if he was willing) for a brief arc in 2000 and then had Lucky move away. 

Edited by DRW50