GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jacob Young was unspeakably bad on GH, but especially in 2001/Endgame. Everyone just [!@#$%^&*] about in the tunnels during that story was idiotic.

The original story, IIRC, had to do with a bioweapon spreading throughout PC following an explosion which would destroy the hospital and allow Jill to redo all the sets. Angel, her pet character, would've been heavily involved, I believe. All of that was shelved due to 9/11.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lydia!!! I had almost completely forgotten about her until now. She had short dark hair. Wasn't Stefan trying to arrange a marriage between her and Nikolas in an attempt to keep him away from Emily? I can see her in my mind's eye.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded Lydia sticking around. I think she could have been effectively used on the canvas.

• Members

Yep.  And truthfully, I don’t blame her.  I absolutely hated the renovation and colors done by Riche before PC launched.

That version of the nurses station always just looked like a giant empty room to me, and the colors were too dark.  I get they wanted to make it easier to film, which is why the iconic rounded column was removed, and IIRC the nurses station was built on hydraulics so they could move it around the set to look like other floors, etc by where it was placed and changing the magnetic elevator numbers.

I didn’t love Jill’s green tiles all that much either when she slowly got to revamp the sets.  But her big renovation that Valentini has tweaked since he got there is a pretty great set.

Correct on all points as I recall, the hospital blowing up was the big finale. 

Angel.  What a terrible character.  And Jacob was awful as Lucky back then.  And not just because Jonathan Jackson had been so good- he was just awful.  Loved him on AMC though.

Yes, there was money involved he was trying to get his hands on for Nikolas.  And the ridiculous mock trial held by Luke.  There were some real clunkers during the Guza/Pratt era of the show.

• Members

Frank Valentini's expansion of the General Hospital set has been incredible. It's my fave hospital set from any of the soaps, and [finally] getting updated patient rooms was overdue.

Based on clips I've seen, his version of Lucky seemed like a watered down Rick Forrester who didn't come from a fashion house family. If only the writing had suited him more.

• Members

I also would call it more like trying too hard instead of phoning it in.  He just got more and more over the top when it was a big scene.

The funny thing is that he got quite hammy when Genie left in the early 1980’s too.  She does have a tendency to make him ground Luke.  I thought he hammed it up quite a bit with Jane.