GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes.  When Katherine fell in 1998 it was an accident, but it was meant for Helena, so when she died Stefan went on trial for her murder.  She came back at the trial miraculously then hooked up with Nik again.  It was TC for most of this. It looks like Coltin Scott's first airdate is around July 1999.  She then tried to get Nik to marry her by I think faking a pregnancy.  Katherine was killed by Helena the end of Oct 1999, so it was both of them honestly. CS played the climax of the story so maybe that's what you are remembering?  I looked up the dates to be sure, but then I actually started reading about the story and I am not surprised you forgot some things because it sounds awful.  I was watching back then, but I don't really remember everything about it.

I also just learned that Reginald poisoned Katherine Bell in 1994 lol.  I only vaguely remember this.

• Members

There was like no time in between the recasts of Nik, so there probably was a SOD cover, but TC's Nik was kissing Katherine in like 1997 when Laura fake died and Katherine told him to chill.   So it was always a Nik thing?  I think he broke up with Sarah over it lol.  It's been so long.

I have edits on VHS of all Sonny/Brenda and Brenda in 2002 and I know some of these things were peripherally mentioned.  Although, I haven't owned a VCR in like 20 years so it's been awhile lol.  But I still keep those videos for some reason...

I THINK Reginald poisoned Katherine just because he hated her, but it was a mystery of who poisoned her for awhile?  That sorta rings a bell to me.  Or maybe Reggie was just a big Ned/Lois shipper lol.  I think it was all part of the wacky Eddie Maine shenanigans.   But then she moved on to Mac for awhile, IIRC and they were boring too.   I think Damien was involved as well-not in the poisoning-but back in love with her or something.

• Members

I vividly remember when the Webber sisters arrived in Port Charles in the summer of 1997. They were building up Sarah and Nikolas to be the show's big new Young Love. Who would have guessed it would have been the respective younger siblings, Liz and Lucky?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I liked Jennifer Sky (I think that's her name?) as Sarah.  She and Nik weren't setting the world on fire, but I didn't hate her or anything.  She obviously was never as charismatic as BH, but Sarah was sure gone quickly.  I would welcome a recast now.  There are 100 unemployed soap actresses that could fill the role.  

Overall, I think GH did really well with that generation of teens as far as casting.  The only duds were Sarah and Juan.  Everyone else (Liz, Lucky, Emily, Gia, Zander) was spot on.  Oh Liz and Lucky....what should have been endgame is now Liz just getting paired with OLTL castoffs.

• Members

That's so funny.  That's exactly who I was thinking for Sarah.  I assumed Jennifer Sky was unpopular since she was gone so quick, but she never bothered me.  I didn't like the other Sarah at all.  She was brief but awful.   Let's be real, the obvious choice was to make Rebecca Budig Sarah and not a random new sister.  

• Members

The only one I can think of that was successful: Jacqueline Courtney and George Reinholt, hugely popular on Another World, who also worked well together when they moved over to OLTL (although GR did not last very long there, and JC had zero chemistry with any of his mediocre replacements).

• Members

Tyler Christopher was on GH off and on for 15 years but I'm not sure he ever had  one successful romantic pairing. I actually struggle to think of any other cast member who had such a splashy, very popular early run and then failed to capitalize on it afterward (even by 1998 Nikolas already felt like a spent character, just kept going by the charisma Christopher lost with time).

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't think he necessarily needed a successful pairing - he was dynamic and striking without it. The Emily pairing they pushed for years and it didn't work because of the writing and acting, not because it was inherently flawed. Robin could've worked; a lot of people could've worked. I think Nikolas and Ava, written well, would work fine.

• Members

I think, if anything, there have been "close calls" that did not follow through.

You *could* say Lindsay Korman-Hartley and Eric Martsolf did make it work on Passions and on Days of Our Lives, but, I do believe the former's character on DAYS just was not written by the right people.