GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't care. Grant looks older. I'm not interested in the exact ages or who played Tom last. You can play with the SORAS and cast a sexy middle-aged actor who isn't quite as clearly old as Ashford or Aleksander. Not that they're not excellent actors, but Tom should be a bit younger. Either way, it's moot since this character may never come back.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Katherine was not with Tom IIRC.  She was with a much younger Nik.  She was "married" to Ned too, which is weird they were paired on Days too as they didn't have much chemistry on either show.

I like Katherine/Lucy but I do think Katherine was an ill defined character.  I think she worked better as a schemer but the show kept trying to make her a heroine then would change their minds and make her a villian again.

Matt Ashford's Tom and his annoying African bracelets and cringe worthy pairing with Felicia was all bad.  I couldn't stand the character or the fact him and Felicia were constantly so sexual lol.  I remember an episode with Jason/Robin, Sonny/Brenda, and Tom/Felicia all having romantic moments and 2 of those couples were sexy.  Felicia/Tom were playing with ice cubes on a roof with all these awful double entendres?  Lol.  I have never forgotten watching that.

All that being said, I would take a recast of him and Tommy Jr.  MP probably would be fine as TH.  But I do think there are a lot of unemployed soap stars that would be fine as Tom.   Cameron Mathison would have been okay as TH.   Maybe a little young but whatever.   

• Members

I think they badly wanted MBE to be a heroine for GH just like on DAYS and tried to make it happen multiple times, but it never worked. She was best as a supporting schemer which is mostly how she stayed. I am amazed they kept her on the show past the Scott and Ned storylines, but I assume there was a significant investment from the network or maybe Riche. MBE was great as a villain.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am sure there was an investment based on the fact she was a huge soap star.  She kept falling off those parapets and coming back to life lol!  I forgot about her Dominque connection.  Wasn't she paired with Damien too?  She just never clicked with anyone except Lynn Herring/Lucy.  I loved the Deception vs. Jax Cosmetics stuff.  MBE is great at bitchy humor.  Which what ever happened to Jax cosmetics?  Did it just disband after Brenda 'died' lol? 

Anyway, I was pissed that they went hard for Katherine/Stefan when Bobbie/Stefan was clearly where it was at.  They were great together. 

• Members

I loved Stefan and Bobbie. Even if it was meant as a lead-in to a proper entanglement with Stefan and Laura, Stephen Nichols and Jackie were amazing together. They never got Stefan/Laura right as a couple despite the chemistry and the amazing intro in '96 because they domesticated them once they were put together a few years later, and made it into a snooze while dressing and styling Genie poorly. Stefan and Bobbie, OTOH, always crackled.

• Members

I think it was an unintentional find for sure with Stefan/Bobbie.  We weren't supposed to be rooting for it, but they were just hot together.  And I wanted Bobbie to be happy after that Carly/Tony stuff.  It's something the show probably should have gone back to, but just didn't.  I just think 1997 was a hot mess for GH in every way possible.  I mean the Pierce Dorman murder?  The Tin man saga?  It's all a no.  I thought Bobbie and OG Jerry Jax were really good together too lol.

Stefan clearly should have been Nik's dad.  And yes, they dressed Genie in what appeared to be either old curtains or doilies.  I know she gained some weight, but they make clothes that are fashionable above size 10 GH!   I actually prefer Stefan to Patch, but I know that's unpopular.  I just thought SN hits all the right notes as a gothic, tortured villian.  

• Members

I can't believe I had forgotten about Katherine with Nikolas!! Though I do believe that was after Tyler had left and the role was recast, so I wasn't paying as much attention.

Tyler did, of course, come back to GH a few years later. I know his Nikolas had a crush on Katherine but I don't think they were ever together. Can someone confirm this?

P.S. You are right that Tom was not with Katherine. I was thinking of Felicia. *smacks forehead*

• Members

I thought it was 1999, right around the point where the recast happened. Of course, I could be wrong.

Oh, and Katherine was also with Ned!! Lois popped out of the cake at Katherine's birthday party to greet "the OTHER Mrs. Ned Ashton".

Please register in order to view this content

ETA: Thank you for clarifying with video, @victoria foxton. I was watching every day then and I don't recall that at all!!

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

She really was good at it.

I loved Katherine when she was a schemer. Heroine just didn't work.

1997 was definitely a hot mess

I have to say I like Bobbie and Stefan. I don't really think Stefan was ever given his 'due' as a character, if you will. He kinda deserved better over the years lol. I also feel like I rooted for AJ and Stefan extra hard because they tried so hard to make them more awful than Luke and Sonny who were their own kind of awful LOL. Anywho ...

• Members

Talk about an iconic moment with Lois and that cake.  So great.

I also liked Bobbie and Stefan, and Bobbie and Nikolas had a nice relationship too, that  we really only got to see Laura be bothered by a couple of times.  So many great things were derailed when Guza left for Sunset Beach.  The only thing I thought sucked at that point was dark Felicia after Kevin was revealed as her stalker.  Wrong actress by far.  Oh and he just didn’t get Lois.  She wasn’t stupid, she just had more a normal moral compass than Sonny or the Quartermaines.

• Members

She was so much more fun as a schemer. They tried to make Katherine into a sympathetic ingenue with Stefan and it was no fun to watch. Especially after he accidentally shot her and she was crippled. Who exactly was asking for those two to get together???

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ugh 1997 is one of the worst time periods of GH when they really had an embarrassment of riches.  The Sonny/Brenda stuff was awful, Jax spent odd amounts of time with V (who I liked) but there was no point, Brenda's breakdown, Miranda, the Gina Cates recast,  Laura leaving the canvas, Pierce Dorman, I could go on and on...The only good thing was the Carly stuff. 

Stefan was always a decent character.  He got bogged down by the Katherine stuff for way too long.  Didn't he end up killing Chloe?