Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Members

I think they could've stretched the season out if they filmed out of order. Just limit her role somewhat and film all of her scenes first, then the rest of the cast can continue filming once she's already good on maternity leave. Soaps are more crafty when it comes to these things. It's stupid to lose 4 episodes of what's their highest rated show.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. No way ABC would want to lose the four episodes. The situation is made more difficult because KW is the leading lady who carries almost every scene of the major plot. I think the show, which I already consider weak story-wise, is suffering from having to give the rest of the cast so much story.

• Members

I don't think Olivia's role has been scaled back at all. The demands of the story and the addition of so many supporting characters (which is typical of Shonda's writing) may cause people to feel that way. She also hasn't had the type of romantic scenes we're used to, but obviously that is due to pregnancy. I still say it would be possible to keep her, albeit at a more limited capacity, but they'd have to have the rest of the season written at least.

• Members

I agree. The only time Olivia reaches out to Fitz, is when her life is a shambles. When she finds herself in a low place. That's not the place to develop a future or believe that you'll make "jam in your Vermont" home. Both Olivia and Fitz continue to fool themselves on the fantasy that things will eventually work out for them in the end.

Both of them are pretty to watch together, but they are toxic for each other.

• Members

I would have been happy about that scene had someone not fed Joe Morton crack before filming. It was awful and showed Shonda for the 2 season hit idiot she is. After 2, she needs to stop and move onto the next project. You have 2 of the most powerful men in the world about to put it all on the table. This s/b epic, but it was embarrassing! The neck rolling and preaching?! With all this man has accomplished, Rowan should be beyond behaving that way. Anyone remotely involved in that mess should hang their head in shame :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

No ones discussing the premiere?

It wasnt as exciting as S3a, but i still liked it.

Sally Langston is one crazy bitch.

tumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo1_250.giftumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo3_250.giftumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo4_250.gif

tumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo6_250.giftumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo5_250.giftumblr_n1r2bs1TxO1sno79bo2_250.gif

FINALLY! Queen Mellie gets a love interest. I can already tell they are going to be 10x better then Otilz.

Was that girl Harrison was bangin Leyla from GH? Shes still hot as hell!

tumblr_n1pzyaGVSY1qbm83uo9_r1_250.gif

Love them <3 I love that Jake is head of B613.

I cannot get enough of Quinn and Charlie!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Smiling Faces playing while Cyrus gloated about Sally's impending demise was too good, such a fun scene.

Mama Pope walked right up in Olivia's office to shoot Rown and Huck didn't even notice, cause he was, well, you know, with Quinn.

Archived