Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Members

Olivia needs to buck up and accept that she is a 'whore' because she did have an affair with a married man. Yes, his marriage is in name only, but it's still a marriage nonetheless.

With that said, I'm glad we are getting to find out about Olivia's background. After meeting her dad, it makes perfect sense why she seems to align herself with emotionally distant older men.

What I would love to have an ongoing story about is Harrison's unrequited love for Olivia. He seems too blindly loyal to Olivia without question especially when there have been instances that Abby, Huck, and Quinn have questioned Olivia's choices and actions. I'm only getting this vibe based on the actor playing Harrison. He is silently in love with Olivia, but she is in love with the President.

I also am wondering what's in the file and when Jake will be rescued.

Finally, I just love the First lady! She is everything and more :) Was she intended to just be a recurring role that got beefed up due to overwhelming response?

Finally, I'm glad the show has de-emphasized the fixer case of the week. It's still there, but not as heavily focused on. In fact, I'd love for more fixer cases to be introduced that aren't resolved in one episode.

Rather Sonda Rhimes is willing to admit it or not, but this is a soap :)

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ew, I've never got that vibe from Harrison even though I would love for him to get some lovin'. I wanted him & Quinn at the start of S2 but they never really went anywhere and then I started to like Huckleberry Quin more and more but I have no clue if chick from Fringe will return as his wife.

I always thought Stephen from S1 had a love from afar vibe with Liv even though he & Huck too were crazy protective of Olivia.

• Members

I don't think I would like to see Harrison having feelings for Olivia. Granted, they could possibly write it really well, but I have not seen any indication that he likes her and it would be a rewrite if they said he has feelings for her all along. Plus, he's clearly not Liv's type and any feelings from him would mean countless episodes of his pinning, eventually Liv will find out but turn him down, then she'll give it a shot, it'll go incredibly bad, they'll break up and he'll promise to still be there. Or they'll make him a villain, insane by rejection and vengeful. Both of which I do not want to see. I think they should give him his own story, something that works for him that gives him his own identity/purpose. Everyone else has it, it's time.

• Members

This is why they need to give Harrison some sort of story. At least give more background as to why he will blindly follow Olivia when the other three have questioned her in the past.

Abby had decent focus in season 2, Quinn and Huck had great focus.. even Huck had a standalone episode focused on him.. would like Harrison to have an ongoing story.. even a romance that somehow connects to the going ons at the white house.

Sondra isn't experienced at writing typical soap, but the show has evolved from the case of the week format to a soap.. so multiple plot lines that connect.. and are at different speeds is where to go.. and can neatly fit into a 22 episode format.

• Members

The lady who plays Quinn needs to lay off the eyeliner, she looks awful.

I'm so glad Joe Morton has this role to display his talents, I remember when he was cast for that nothing role of Simone's father on AMC, what a waste of a great actor! He is so so good.

Man, Olivia and Fitz wear me out. It's just...doesn't he have a country to run? How does he find to call her almost every damn day? Go feed some children! Stop/start a war!

More Scott Foley half-naked on beds. I was always Team Noel (Nole).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That scene with Mellie and Fitzgerald's father was so disturbing. The flashbacks did give some good background story, though.

Olivia's mother being alive is interesting. Her father is just plain evil, I don't like the character at all. I'm guessing that this Omar Dresden is a code name for Olivia's mother.

Charlie tricked Quinn into killing that security guard. She seems to have been itching to kill someone, but she freaked out when she actually did it.

Jack Coleman has been typecast, he played Steven Carrington and now he's playing another seemingly closeted gay man. I have to guess that the writers have based some of this plot of Michele and Marcus Bachmann, since there are claims that Marcus is really gay.

• Members

I know this show is Kerry Washington's showcase but honestly, Bellamy Young is amazing. I can't take my eyes off her. That speech to Fitz where she wants to know if he will ever show up for her was perfection. You could see her frustration but you could also see her desperation and hurt. She just wants someone, anyone to have her back.

That coat on Liv at the beginning was atrocious. Now that KW is pregnant I guess we can look forward to a lot of crappy fashion.

• Members

I have tried to watch this show regularly, but there are only 2 characters I can even stomach, and that's Mellie and Papa Pope! Joe Morton needs no words, but Bellamy Young - WOW! She is just so wonderful and perfects every scene. It's not good when the supporting player is 5 times the actress of the center! Bellamy steals each and every scene she's in with Washington with minimal effort!

But overall, I just don't like these characters at all! However, because I hear Bell knocked another one out of the park, I will pull the eppy up on ABC.com

• Members

This show is hard for me to watch, but I got through tonight's episode and for once I actually thought it was good.

The best part was James figuring out Cyrus' game and sleeping with the VP's husband. Talk about finally getting hand after all Cyrus' low down tricks.

Yes, Fitz and Olivia still have chemistry, but really how many times they are going to break up and make up? I wonder if the sex was timed for Olivia to get pregnant and have Jake claim to be the father to give them cover.

When will Mellie stop deluding herself and get on wit her life?

I was actually surprised that Olivia's mother escaped, but then, I forgot this story was taken straight out of Alias. LOL!

I hope that Huck tortures Quinn because I cannot stand her.

Forgot add: I had to laugh that the VP's husband and James had their clandestine sexual encounter with the curtains wide open. Hilarious.

Archived