Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm only watching for Mellie at this point. Her "I want him to burn" speech gave me life. Burn him girl! I want to watch his face crumble too!

Mama does nothing for me but I do love Khandi Alexander's chem with Joe Morton. Those two deserve their own show.

• Members

I'm new to Scandal. Started watching at the start of Season 3B. I didn't like the idea of a show that had the masses cheering for a cheater and his mistress so I avoided it until I simply stopped avoiding it.

#TeamMellie all.the.way. Having only gone through this roller-coaster for half a season, I don't really strongly dislike any of the characters but Mellie is definitely the highlight of the series (for me).

Mama Pope and Papa Pope are insane in a really OTT but entertaining way. Jake had Papa Pope's number. I'm glad Mama Pope is alive since it's evident that Papa Pope is the evulist bastard of the pair.

Speaking of Jake, I want to like him more than I do but he's so early-Meredith (GA) except a little more pathetic.

Speaking of Olivia, her coochie power with the men on the show is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Khandi Alexander is one sexy, badass terrorist! LOL

Cyrus breaking down in front of the press only to be comforted by Fitz was a winner. I also love that Fitz may be an idiot but a homophobe he is not.

And, as fucked up as it was, Jake being by James' side as he died was... sorta touching? Maybe that's not the word, but it was a sad death scene... the blood, his eyes, asking about his daughter. :(

• Members

Khandi is amazing and only gets better as the season goes on. She's very creppy!

The Cryus/James flashback throughout that episode were beautiful < 3 I remember I teared up during that scene.

James dying scene was a little bit too.. cheesy for me. "I killed you but I'm going to held your hand." It felt like shonda and scandal though.

Keep watching! It only gets better. : )

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Olivia is as smug as ever. I laughed out loud at her sauntering across the lobby in slow mo as she eyed Fitz at the end. It is so like her to be really surprised and offended that the team wanted nothing to do with her. When she told Abby that she never judged her and she forgave her each and every time it was typical Olivia. No accountability whatsoever. Arrogance in full force. The team should have never re-assembled so quickly. Olivia should have worked to re-gain their trust and the friction between her and Abby should play for a bit. I'm confused if Quinn is still a part of the team or not and I'm completely over Huck's stuttering, wounded hysterics. The funeral scenes were unintentionally funny. I could not decide if it was bad acting or bad camera angles. Everyone's reactions to Olivia's return were funny. Poor things... Cy was the choir when he told Fitz they all knew how it would end as they've seen it all before. I hear ya Cy! Mellie continues to be gold and Jake continues to be Olivia's bitch.

• Members

Basic.

They really couldn't put the cliffhanger behind them any faster.

Jake: "I reach you in places other men can't even begin to touch" I needed a mop after that.

Mellie's grief was the highlight and that ending with Fitz trying to brush against Olivia was touching.

Olivia should have expected that they would be angry with her.

Shonda was as classy with Harrison's exit as could be but I couldn't help but snigger at that line about him having no friends except them.

Archived