OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

he was taken a back by it and shocked that Jack is trying to emualte him. He related how his loved ones once viewed him as a bully and told Jack that he was wrong for acting in a way to give them that impression. He also empathized with Shane bc he too tried to kill himself a few years ago. This went over Jack's head as he is still bullying Shane. He is working through his friends, sending Shane awful messages on MyFace

• Members

For the love of God, what is that numb-nut trying to accomplish? I understand most bullies bully in order to get a rise out of their targets; I had to learn that in order to make the ones who bullied me in high school stop. But Jack has already pushed Shane to the brink of suicide. Does he want him to go through with it next time? Does he hate him that much? Or does he think Shane's just a little punk who cries wolf in order to get attention? And if he does, wouldn't Jack just, you know, leave him alone, since the last thing he'd need is adults giving him another hard time for bullying him? What is going through this boy's mind?

Unless Shane truly will take his own life and Rex and Gigi will press charges against Jack, I feel like RC is deliberately keeping Jack one-dimensional, unrepentant and dense for no other reason than to keep going this story that's all but over.

See, this is a situation where Echo and Roxy could believably team up for Shane's sake. They'd round up kids to give Jack and his friends a taste of their own medicine so fast.

• Members

ABC.com's OLTL Week in Review

Funniest Moment: Dorian taunting Cutter about how much she knows about his relationship with Aubrey. She was really enjoying herself!

WTH? Moment: Ford is falling for Tess? From the moment Brody said it, the look on Ford's face made clear it was true. Talk about setting yourself up for a world of hurt (literally, as Tess's blow to Ford's head would indicate).

Best Moment: So great to have Todd awake this week. He's just as ornery and difficult as ever, but he also managed to be the first person to halfway get through to Jack in quite a while. Plus, he really got Tomas to squirming.

Performer of the Week: David Gregory as Robert Ford. Ford's been used for sexy purposes before, and sometimes for comedy purposes, but putting him in the middle of the big baby-switch/alternate-personality really paid off this week with a heartbreaking scene as Ford prepared to part with his son.

Why We Love One Life to Live This Week: Destiny's anguish at learning that the news of Matthew killing Eddie Ford was about to get out. She's such a good friend!

http://abc.go.com/shows/one-life-to-live/week-in-review

• Members

Just finished up One Life, and as a huge Todd fan that's one of the most maturely written scenes for the character in a loooong time. I know a lot of people have Trevor issues but I thought he did really well in that scene...Again with you know who returning, the more I see Todd with the kids I don't understand the point of it all.

Archived