AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Soap Vet Undergoes Emergency Surgery After Trying to Save a Woman From a Violent Situation: ‘Please Keep Him in Your Prayers’

Amy Mistretta

One heroic act leads to major medical issues.

We are saddened to report that soap vet Vincent Irizarry, who held roles on Days of Our Lives, Bold & Beautiful, All My Children and Young & Restless, to name a few, is scheduled to undergo surgery this morning, on Friday, March 11. Last evening, his girlfriend, Yvonne Glisson, shared the news on her Facebook, which has since been deleted, and the backstory that led to this medical emergency is absolutely awful.

“I need to share some sad news about sweet Vincent and ask for prayers,” Glisson began then went on to explain that in December 2021 Irizarry was leaving a restaurant/bar when he witnessed a man “being volatile to his wife” in the parking lot. However, when he approached the man to intervene and attempt to calm him down, Irizarry was then “violently hit to the ground himself” and suffered multiple bruises, a serious head gash and a concussion that resulted in fluid to his brain.

“The man then proceeded to beat his wife unconscious,” she continued. “Vincent was rushed to the ER and had to be treated for his head wound, injuries and [had to have] tests run.”

Over the last three months, the fluid has increased “substantially,” which now will require emergency head surgery “this Friday morning.”

Glisson asked all of his “fans, friends, followers and prayer warriors” to “please, please, please” send the former soap star “positive vibes” and keep him in our prayers during this difficult time. She also asked that we “say a special one for his surgeon” and hope for “a successful procedure and speedy recovery.”

• Members

There's been a lot of chatter about VI and his family re: politics in recent years and I don't know how much is true, but he has always been a class act onscreen and magnetic to watch, even in the years when I used to be tired of the cartoonish David of the mid-2000s. He came back especially strong near the end of AMC's network run and online. It's a horrible tragedy and I wish him the best.

Edited by Vee

• Members

A FB friend made a post about this the other day and for the sake of his privacy neglected to mention his name which I found just a little annoying. When I saw mentions of "Vincent" in the comments I put two and two together. He sounds like a stand-up guy, too many people would rather not get involved. Praying for his speedy recovery. 

• Members

Great reunion !  What a rare career Kate has had -- having a career in daytime on just one show and for so many years.  While I admire that she gave up stardom for her husband and family, you have to wonder what if...films, broadway, series.  She was just so unique...

Enjoyed hearing Tom's memories as a child actor on AMC -- especially his stories about Kelly Ripa and Chris Bruno.

• Members

I am getting desperate. I remember there were old episodes uploaded on youtube, but they were deleted. I want to watch episode from 2000 onwards... but I cant find complete years.. If someone can help....

• 2 weeks later...