AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

It seems like any main character in a soap town should've been famous amongst its citizens.  In Pine Valley not only were they renowned doctors, socialites, and moguls, but they were also involved in murder trials, multiple weddings, and annual charity balls that must have been written up in the Pine Valley Bulletin. 

That's why it is always ironic when they have to introduce themselves, often by full name, to strangers, hostesses, and shop keepers.  As if when Brooke English enters a room the common folk of Pine Valley wouldn't think, oh that's the lady whose Mom was an international drug dealer, and not only did she marry a couple of local billionaires, but she dated bad guys Pierce Reilly and Jim Thomasen.

The scene with Mike Roy and Erica tries to establish that he isn't impressed by her fame.  But, in hindsight, the guy had to be a jackass to accept a gig editing a memoir, and never have done any research on the main character.  And, while it was change of pace to have Erica attracted to a man more humble than she, perhaps she should have thought twice about becoming romantic with someone who would have questioned her credentials. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do remember that one of the few characters who was really impressed with the celebrity of Erica was Cecily.   She was visiting Julie in the Chandler mansion, and Erica answered the door.    After Erica left the two alone, Cecily was in awe of Erica, and she was somewhat suprised that Julie was not.

Another time, Taro Meyer was playing a famous actress, and her character and Erica were both present in the same restaurant.   I would have expected them to acknowledge one another, but they failed to do so.    They surely would have known about each other.

Edited by danfling

• Members

I was hoping this would turn out differently but, I googled it and Susan Lucci is 5'1" while Kate Moss is 5"7'.  For those who remember, Kate was remarkably short for a supermodel.

However Erica (multiple last names omitted) was only one inch shorter than Kim Kardashian (formerly Thomas, Humphrey, and West).  So maybe supermodeling wasn't so farfetched?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

I was was watching clips from the 1994 tornado earlier and suddenly realized that Erica was not there (and surprisingly, as much as I love her, was not missed). Then I read up on it and apparently she was in Seattle for an extended stay and didn't return until weeks after. Was Susan Lucci on vacation? Or filming something else?

• Members

There was an interesting timeline of events, and I still wonder how things all came together. Frances Heflin had passed away in June, so I assumed Susan Lucci had been given time off to grieve. The tornado aired in July. When Erica returned from Seattle in August, she discovered Mona had died in her sleep in Erica’s home, Linden House. During her time off, Susan Lucci had her infamous “nose management”. I don’t know if her surgery had been scheduled before Ms. Heflin’s passing and the timing was coincidental, or if it was something Ms. Lucci was able to quickly schedule. At any rate, she looked radiant when she returned, sporting a new profile. I don’t remember Erica saying much or anything about the tornado, but we still saw the effects of it. Tad couldn’t go to the funeral as he was still in the hospital, and a still bandaged Kendall made a scene at the wake.

• Members

I've been watching clips from the baby switch and it really was the death kneel for this show. They had NO clue what to do once it was over other than twist the show into a pretzel in order to save Babe and Krystal. And not just that, they ruined half of the cast in the telling of that story.

They treated the audience like idiots. Not just idiots but heartless idiots. We were expected to buy after 9 months of thinking her baby was dead that Bianca would be torn about whether or not to tell JR his son was alive. And before that that Tad would EVER treat Dixie's son the way he did. They worked overtime making us think that JR was this evil monster just so they could drag out dead baby secrets. I just watched a scene where Tad described to Bianca how JR bashed in Jamie's head with a pipe, what he forgot to mention is that they were KIDNAPPING his baby at the time! The way Tad tried to blame Adam and JR for Paul Kramer switching the babies because they yelled at him when they thought the babies were dead! This story ruined nearly everyone but it really did a number on Tad. He chose blood (Jamie) over love (JR) and it was disgusting to see.

All that said, it was still AMC's last great story. Here's a particularly good scene between Adam and Erica:

Anyway, this year if aged in real time Miranda and AJ would be able to vote.