AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was a good interview, he seems very happy. Looks like losing AMC made him realize what he had because the last few years of the show he looked miserable and it was reflected in his acting and physical appearance.

• Members

The first 20 seconds of this video illustrates exactly why Erica Kane (and Susan Lucci) became the legend she is today.

Mike's question does make me wonder: how famous was Erica meant to be? Like a household name? What celebrity would you compare her to?

• Members

That is a thought provoking question.

On the one hand, in the age of pre-internet/mass culture media, a model like Erica might not have had fame across ages and gender.  Much like Christy Turlington, she had a recognizable face, but men who didn't follow fashion might not have known her name.  Later in life, she would have also been well known in Pine Valley for her talk show, but even a local morning show host like Lee Phillip Bell wasn't considered a legend outside of their city.

On the other hand, the ex-lover of titans of industry like Adam Chandler and Brandon Kingsley, as well as ex-football star Tom Cudahy, would have had some fame, like Ivana Trump.  Also her well publicized murder trials might have made her a subject of interest like Jodi Arias, and her autobiography came on the heels of the Kent Bogart trial.

Finally, consider the source, Mike Roy was hardly tuned into to pop culture, just look at his wardrobe.   

Edited by j swift

• Members

I was SOL as I could not abide either one of them.  I just checked her out in the Locher Room. She looks awful & she seems even more out of it than she used to. Puffy eyes, puffy cheeks, seeing through slits. Week before last when I watched Michael Fairman do Zoom interviews the day the Emmy nods came out, Cynthia Watros had puffy eyes & puffy cheeks. I lost the audio in the Locher Room so I split.