AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel like the only reason why that scene was even written was because someone at ABC thought it'd be awesome to see the two female titans of daytime, (The Pop-Cultural Icon Forever Known As) Erica Kane and (The Pop-Cultural Icon Formerly Known As) Laura Spencer, go at each other.

Edited by Khan

• Members

In my opinion, Jeremy was not worth all of the fighting and harrowing rescues that Erica had to go through for him.  He was neither a great monk nor a great artist, and given that every new ingenue in Pine Valley caught his eye, he was also wasn't great at fidelity.

He certainly wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between real Donna Karan and an Ann Taylor knockoff. 

• Members

The scene should have ended with Ceara landing the first punch and storming out of the office, but that would have meant someone getting the upper hand for once on Erica.  Oh, well.  At least La Kane knew enough to take off her earrings.  Some black woman taught her well.

• Members

Genuine question: has there ever been a soap "catfight" that was done well? Even simple slaps are so often obviously done at arm length that it is conspicuously unreal.
I dislike catfights generally but I can't recall one that didn't make me cringe on the technical merits.
Even the Dynasty ones - that arguably started that trend - were so obviously stunt doubled that I can't imagine anyone finding them anything other than ridiculous.

• Members

My bad. You are right; I have seen it a gazillion times and it is well-choregraphed.
I am still cringing though that one of the few examples of a well-done soap catfight - largely because it got rough and real - was one of the few that involved two African-American women.
I can't help but think the willingness by TPTB to let those women get rough with each other while the well-coiffed glamorous white women are to tiptoe around each other to the point of looking ridiculous has a subtext.
But you know maybe I am too woke for my own good.

• Members

Well, that's true.  It does raise questions.  On the other hand...?  Just from my own experience, growing up and attending public schools from kindergarten all the way through the twelfth grade, the fights between black girls were always more vicious than those between the white ones.  In fact, whenever two black girls got into it, people usually cleared the hallways, lest they become collateral damage, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Next Locher Room Reunion 

ALL MY CHILDREN Alums Live Interview Scheduled - Soap Opera Digest

Alan Locher will welcome former ALL MY CHILDREN co-stars Tom Zerenga (formerly Tommy Michaels, ex-Timmy) and Kate Collins (ex-Natalie/ex-Janet) to his YouTube show, The Locher Room. The actors will appear live on Friday, March 4 at 3 p.m.